Recruiting Area

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Paullee17, May 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi do you have to be in a regiments recruiting area to join them because i live near birmingham and am hoping to join the army in the royal artillery with the AS90 but none of the regiments recruiting areas are near here? any help would be appreciated thanks.
  2. No mate, if you go into a local AFCO you can apply for ANY job in the Armed Forces. You don't have to be near a regiment to join then my friend, else I would be buggered :wink:
  3. Shouldn't be a problem as I think the Gunners recruit nationally, so you should be fine. Alternatively you could always consider the Rifles - plenty of Brummies there...
  4. For larger Corps like RA, RLC etc, they will usually put you where they need you or for the job you wanted to do. You only get 'placed' in a Regiment if you join something that has strong ties with your region. Usually the RAC and Infantry do this. Its not a bad thing though as when you have p155ed all your money up against the wall, you can still get a lift home on leave as there will be someone from your home town in that Regiment.
  5. 26 Regt RA - AS90 equipped (Gutersloh based I think) are the Midland Gunners.

Fill your boots.
  6. thanks guys