Recruiters tips for your application - Its all here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
I left the army after completing 12yrs of service. I will have been out for a year in Jan. After having some regrets I would like to know if i can rejoin? and if i will go back in as the same rank i left at? will i have to complete some sort of basic training again????

You can apply to re-join as long as you are under 33. There are no guarantees that you will be accepted. If you go back into the same trade there may be no requirement to do any training but if you are accepted into a different one then obviously you will need to do trade training. Retention of rank is up to APC

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
army interview why do you get a score at the end of interview?

If it is the interview at the ACC/AFCO you shouldn't get a score. The report should be written up, passed to the CSM with recommendations and then the CSM should contact you to discuss the report.

Dog_Man

Swinger
Going for first interview soon but just wondering if anybody recommend suit and tie or not? Would that be too formal?

bluenosewrx

Old-Salt
No if you have one, wear it!!

it creates a good first impression, its a job interview in reality, not some interview for x factor!!

Hey does anyone no if I can choose my second choice instead of my first I have pre selection course wed and selection next month cheers

Hey does anyone no if I can choose my second choice instead of my first I have pre selection course wed and selection next month cheers
You can go for whatever preference you want at this stage....either ask your CSM to change it prior to AC or speak with your selection Officer when your down there once you know what you hopefully passed for. Make sure whatever you do you don't just take a target loading group job that your pushed into that you don't really want to do

Cheers mate, basically my first choice was actually not my choice lol they told me was a good choice for me ect and was high demand after looking into it thoroughly I actually want to do my second choice weather its high demand or not... I'll have a word with them wed.

Hi I have a few question
I got call by CSM last week ask only about my 1st choice, we have a debate/discussion about my qualification. He said he would go and ask if it is acceptable.
Then I received a notice to book my "Army Brief and Individual Candidate Discussion".
1.So my qualification is ok for the role?
2. And this is the 1st interview right?
OP mentioned "if someone tells me they are going Para and is running at 12 minutes interview over"
I am going for combat service support roles but i am far from under the 14mins. It is Really Really Far from 14 mins.May be I am looking about 17.5mins best I can do?
3. Sould I still going ahead to book the 1st interview. Or should I inform them as I dont want to wasting each others time (it will take me at least an hour one way to nearnest ACC) , will book at later day (when I at least achieve 15mins).

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi I have a few question
I got call by CSM last week ask only about my 1st choice, we have a debate/discussion about my qualification. He said he would go and ask if it is acceptable.
Then I received a notice to book my "Army Brief and Individual Candidate Discussion".
OP mentioned "if someone tells me they are going Para and is running at 12 minutes interview over"
I am going for combat service support roles but i am far from under the 14mins. It is Really Really Far from 14 mins.May be I am looking about 17.5mins best I can do?
3. Sould I still going ahead to book the 1st interview. Or should I inform them as I dont want to wasting each others time (it will take me at least an hour one way to nearnest ACC) , will book at later day (when I at least achieve 15mins).

You shouldn't be getting notice to book the AB/ICD, your CSM should be doing this. If they have told you too they are being a lazy sh***e.

1. Your CSM has probably booked the AB/ICD as they are undr pressure to get people through the system so probably does not mean that your qualification has been accepted. Get hold of your CSM and find out.
2. This is your only interview at the ACC/AFCO. The only other interview you do is at the selection centre after completing everything.
If you are currently at 17.5 mins for the run then after the interview you will probably be sent on a PDA to verify this. If this is your current time you will be 'nurtured' until you can achieve the time required to pass at the selection centre.
3. Like I said, this isn't a first interview, it is the only one (less SC) unless you fail it.

Hi I have a few question
As per what SUP_REC said....in the mean time get the fitness App from the Army Web site and start working on your fitness. Also look down the left hand side and read of on Preperation for AC Selection and start practicing BARB and TST etc....this puts you in a good starting position for when you go on your Army Brief and get your Development plan.

Thanks for the info. I have been reading a fair bit but all this jargon and number of interviews, Pre-ADSC and now PDA :confused:. And I might need to do another separate interview (if I can choose biomedical scientist)?

I will press about qualification issue (he said he have not got an answer yet, being translate to UK).
I talk to my CSM :rolleyes: on last Wed and on Fri I got email from a cpl about booking my AB/ICD seession.
I might (or maybe not) a bit ahead of myself.
So if i book like to meet in 4 weeks then i hope i can get a run time somewhere/stright to ADSC,(also sort out the qual) so what would be a go ahead run time given the go ahead to sign up for ADSC (the exact time under role specific adsc pass? or sort of within 5% above the require time)
Also where would these PDA/Pre-ADSC at? (the ACC/AFCO?)
Also do anyone know REME (Lyneham) do insight course in the near future.

P.S.I have started but my starting fitness is just that bad, there is also some issue. I shall not detail here is it not so relevent. I do have some question, might able to help me at the fitness board.

Last edited:

Bairdy

Clanker
Hi I have my first interview on the 28th and I have been given an email about what I will have to say but it does not say anything about my 3 jobs choices it just says " is there any jobs that appeal to you" will I just talk about the one I'm most interested in or will I'll look up 3 jobs ?

Tan1997

Swinger
Is anyone here a veteran or current serving soldier? I need a sponsor to join the army as Commonwealth Citizen. Thanks!

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Is anyone here a veteran or current serving soldier? I need a sponsor to join the army as Commonwealth Citizen. Thanks!

There are loads but I would be very surprised if they would be willing to sponsor somebody they don't know

Tan1997

Swinger
I'd feel the same way if I turn my position around. I submitted my police clearance certificate already. I got the approval but no sponsor. Which I didn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads