recruiter contradiction

D

dustydog

can you join the TA for a taster while at school and join regular infantry once left school,one recruiter said yes and one said no, who is right?

The minimum age for joining the TA is 17 years and 9 months. Still at school? You can join when you at uni but doubt if joining at school would be acceptable.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I did ta doing sixth form at 17 and 6 months.

I did ta doing sixth form at 17 and 6 months.
Sorry, the 17 and 9 months is for an officer. ORs may join at 17. As my generation left school at 15 I may be a bit behind the times. Probably be going to school until they qualify for the OAP pretty soon. One way to keep the unemployment figures down.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry, the 17 and 9 months is for an officer. ORs may join at 17. As my generation left school at 15 I may be a bit behind the times. Probably be going to school until they qualify for the OAP pretty soon. One way to keep the unemployment figures down.
Received word from Recruiting Group last week that a new DMA has come out specifying the U18's cannot be enlisted in the TA. Ergo, the very earliest Enlistment Application can begin is at 17yrs 9 months.

Just give your balls a tug and join the regulars

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Darthtater Army Pay, Claims & JPA 9
2_Canadian_Beers Gunners 24
msr The NAAFI Bar 11