Recruit Training

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by gymkev1971, Aug 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening chaps (and chapesses)

I have a slight quandry. I am currently only part way through my recruit training with AGC and am now going back to university at the end of September (added to this I'm self employed). I am finding it very hard (if not impossible) to juggle all three, but I DO NOT want to leave the TA. Is there any chance of transferring to an independent unit to complete my training and then transfer back to AGC? I understand that independent units may offer more flexibility around weekend training etc., rathyer than blocks of weeks that the AGC requires.

Cheers

2. I'm not sure that's the best solution, I f you explain the situation to your training team I am sure that they will understand and let you do your training when possible they won't expect everyone to be able to commit their life to the TA.

3. Think about transferring to the OTC, then transfer to Grp A when you finish Uni

4. msr

msr LE

Family, Work, TA

Get your priorities right.

msr

5. Msr,

I am beggining to think you are right. Im ex reg, and now in TA for about 20 months now. Am finding my unit less than helpful and like many others time seems so precious these days as i too have family and work shifts.
    I am on the verge of quitting TA, as wife may be preggy (TBC) although home tests have confirmed. So TA maybe bye bye, as there seems to be no give and take from what i have experienced. At least in regs you know where you stand! MSR= Family,work,TA

6. If you're in London, have you considered the HAC?

24 odd Tuesdays, 6 weekends and a 9 day Field Training Ex. It's actually more than the TA Infantry (compensated by the fact that the weekends are MUCH more intense).

7. Give 49 Para a call, they have a rolling training program including HALO, HAHO and underwater mess tin repair tactics

8. Of course, the HAC are the only unit in London you understand.

9. Not the only unit, but their recruit training avoids the RTC....

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

So he could pick and chose which weekends he could train on and the HAC would obviously amend the schedule to fit around him then?

gymkev,

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Why not put the TA on the back burner until you have got your life, job and Uni sorted, and then go for it again when you have less to sort out? Don't mess up your real life for the TA.

Duke

11. Hear Hear