Recruit Training at Catterick

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stinker, Dec 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought it a very good article - Mr M should write more like this.

Comments re whinging from Welsh Nats re recruiting in deprived areas were particularly apt.

Well done him!
  2. Yes all good and rather refreshing
  4. Heart-warming stuff.

It's nice to hear someone speaking so roundly of Infantry soldiers, their skills and the support they're getting, at least from within. So often they're assumed to be at the narrower end of welfare requirements when, arguably, they need the broad embrace of an army that cares for them than most due to the raw nature of the work they do and do so well.
  5. Good article and good to see chips were on the menu - as if they wouldn't be!
  6. What a corker of a response!
  7. Agreed. Good article, good writing.
    As anyone who knows the Army, the Infantryman IS the Army. Everyone else has their vital role in the 'team', but when the chips are down, and the worst bit is to be done, it is the Infantryman who has to do it.
    Never mind the colour of his beret; never worry about where in GB he hails from - England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland or elsewhere - or his religion or his ethnicity, the British Infantryman is THE soldier.
    For the record, I include in this opinion our friend for nearly two hundred years 'Johnny' Gurkha.
    [align=center]Let's hear it the 'grunts'![/align]
    PS. I was not an Infantryman
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

If Jimmy Fitzwater wants you to learn something, you had better learn it ...and fast!

(Not a hard bloke at all...oh no... definately not!) :D
  9. What was that about ex-military authors not being allowed on MOD property??
  10. Thats exactly the kind of information I've been looking for, im due to start at Catterick at the start of Feburary and that piece re-affirms that I have made the right choice in going Infantry and also inspires me even more now, than before, to get there and get stuck in to the course. Nice one McNab and cheers for posting it Stinker.

Cheers Easy!
  11. someone should send the link to Kira McWhale at the Guardian,see if her low opinion of the army can't be influenced in the upward direction
  12. Unfortunately you can't send anthrax by email, so what'd be the point?
  13. Bloody Royal Mail....can't send ANYTHING that's any fun nowadays :(
  14. I'm off to Costa del' in 7 weeks, and that article has me tingling with goosebumps. Good work Mr McNabb and thank you.