recruit selection 5 days!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Fandangohxjg, Mar 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Train my arse off for ADSC and was wondering if there is anything to do in the next five days that could boost my chances of passing any more.

Any help is appreciated!!
  2. Nope. If you're not ready now, you won't be in 5 days. Make sure you take at least 2 days off before you turn up so you go into the tests fresh.....and don't go out on the p*ss!

Good luck.
  3. eat lots of carbs in the 2 rest days before. Pasta, potatoes and all that.
  4. drink alot of water, no fizzy pop! best advice i've ever heard lol don't push yourself too hard either, my mate pulled ligaments 3 days before his selection and ended up having to wait another couple of months lol
  5. Thanks for all the advice!
  6. Thanks for all the advice!
  7. Don't worry too much about Recruit Selection, it's a lot easier that I thought it was going to be. It's only a couple of days and as long as you behave yourself, don't back talk and can actually run a mile and a half then your alright.

"Ears open, Mouth shut." - The best way of putting it.

Selection is pretty easy, most of the time you get in or are deffered on medical grounds.
  8. swimming is actually a good way to prepare yourself for a run... It increases lung capacity, hence allowing you to run more comfortably over long distances.
  9. But not with only five days left to go...lolol
  10. I think he's gone. Thread started on 10th, 15th now....
  11. Its not that hard its just a 1.5 mile run which you SHOULD be doing in under 9 minutes. Pull-ups you SHOULD be doing 10 no problem. Its p1ss easy. I had people throwing up half way round the 1.5 and dropping out. Just p1sses me right off
  12. Know what you mean there mate, some very good lads who can't get in because of asthma even though they could run in 9 mins. Would of made class soldiers. I can't even get past the medical questionaire lol :frustrated: Some right wastes of space getting to selection.
  13. I was gonna apply for the university training corr.. thing, cant remembe rthe name.. its like the TA but not quite. would me having asthma stop me?

it comes and goes, nothing serious, but i have been given an inhaler in the last year... please say it doesnt
  14. You will fail your medical if you have had an inhailer in the past 4 years.
  15. any chance of lying?