• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

recruit selection 5 days!

Train my arse off for ADSC and was wondering if there is anything to do in the next five days that could boost my chances of passing any more.

Any help is appreciated!!

Nope. If you're not ready now, you won't be in 5 days. Make sure you take at least 2 days off before you turn up so you go into the tests fresh.....and don't go out on the p*ss!

Good luck.

drink alot of water, no fizzy pop! best advice i've ever heard lol don't push yourself too hard either, my mate pulled ligaments 3 days before his selection and ended up having to wait another couple of months lol

Don't worry too much about Recruit Selection, it's a lot easier that I thought it was going to be. It's only a couple of days and as long as you behave yourself, don't back talk and can actually run a mile and a half then your alright.

"Ears open, Mouth shut." - The best way of putting it.

Selection is pretty easy, most of the time you get in or are deffered on medical grounds.

swimming is actually a good way to prepare yourself for a run... It increases lung capacity, hence allowing you to run more comfortably over long distances.

Jonathans said:
swimming is actually a good way to prepare yourself for a run... It increases lung capacity, hence allowing you to run more comfortably over long distances.
But not with only five days left to go...lolol

Its not that hard its just a 1.5 mile run which you SHOULD be doing in under 9 minutes. Pull-ups you SHOULD be doing 10 no problem. Its p1ss easy. I had people throwing up half way round the 1.5 and dropping out. Just p1sses me right off

TomSmytheUK said:
Its not that hard its just a 1.5 mile run which you SHOULD be doing in under 9 minutes. Pull-ups you SHOULD be doing 10 no problem. Its p1ss easy. I had people throwing up half way round the 1.5 and dropping out. Just p1sses me right off
Know what you mean there mate, some very good lads who can't get in because of asthma even though they could run in 9 mins. Would of made class soldiers. I can't even get past the medical questionaire lol :frustrated: Some right wastes of space getting to selection.

Rafta said:
TomSmytheUK said:
Know what you mean there mate, some very good lads who can't get in because of asthma even though they could run in 9 mins. Would of made class soldiers. I can't even get past the medical questionaire lol :frustrated: Some right wastes of space getting to selection.
I was gonna apply for the university training corr.. thing, cant remembe rthe name.. its like the TA but not quite. would me having asthma stop me?

it comes and goes, nothing serious, but i have been given an inhaler in the last year... please say it doesnt

Pitch said:
any chance of lying?
Yes. Then you get in, get into the field and have an attack. Cue immediate discharge and liable to penalties under military law for deliberately supplying false information.

UberSoldat said:
just a quick question, will you fail the medical if you have 'Atopic Dermatitis' ?
I know that on the Application form it states which diseases/conditions can be permanant bar to entry and there was a few skin problems listed. Is that the same as eczema? I reckon they'd look at each case individually taking into account when you last suffered any problems, not sure how long you need to be symptom free for though. Good luck. I've just been deferred for a year for something stupid, find out on monday if i'm suitable. :thumleft: lol

Latest Threads