"Recruit or die"

Thanks Duke, first I've been aware! Is this common to all Brigades?

The_Duke

LE
As far as I know. Based on "best practice" plus lots of hints and tips. We share our location with the BRAT. If I can get any details from them I will post it.

Duke

Baz44

War Hero
Got to say I agree with Duke - if I think back we were the best recruited and attended when commanders at all levels played their part and that more than ever included JNCO's. I guess its easier for the Infantry we have the smallest sub unit to split the load - Fire Team hence you can get in the four call scenerio. And in the early days we never had mobiles or text messaging. 145 (HC) Bde use a system called Vodafone rapide to send a text to soldiers the week before a wkd - they say it is quiet successful (orgininally purchased to mobilse CCRF now having a wider use) - but really should not replace the call from your mucca!

Coy staff should not be calling troops other than to request kit in (and even then only as a last resort). If they are in your unit then all below are not doing their job and need an interview or two. Being commanders is tough work - but you get what you reap. Put the work in and you will get the results

We all seem to expect our troops just to turn up like good human beings - bollox - that has never happened in all my years - we have always had the core but the rest you have to call, goad, punch and kit up to the TAC gates - thats just human nature. If we expect them to just appear we are in for a long wait!

What I will say though is make the training fun and interesting and more will turn up voluntarily

Cheers

polar

LE
The_Duke said:
Still feels like you are banging your head against the wall sometimes though!

Does anyone use texts or e-mails? I noticed ArmyNet are trialing text messaging, hopefully this will allow all soldiers in units to be sent reminders etc.

The_Duke

LE
Yes to both, again assuming that the contact details are correct.

Email CC1s from Bn concerning key training, Coy newsletter sent by post and email etc.

Recruit training Sgt had a pay as you go mobile purely for recruit use, allowing him to separate TA and civvy work phones, and to accept recruit text messages at times which suited his work load.

The_Duke

LE
Sigs?

Christ, my persec on here must be much better than I thought! 4 Para, supposed to fail the basic spelling test (Crayola version).

Duke

Latest Threads