Recruit Courses

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by StabTiffy2B, Jun 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and Gents,

Highlighting my own ignorance (as usual):

Two of our lads have been told they have to wait till November to do their two week recruits course at Grantham.

Is it possible to get them loaded onto a course at another location?

If so, how would one do this, what locations are there these days and does anyone know of any spaces?

2. What about one of the Summer Challenge things, if they haven't already started.

Why are you doing this, don't you have any well paid permanent staff whose job it is to sort out these things. Or have they already told you its Grantham or nowhere.
  3. We are down south and have sent ours as far as Scotland to get dates to fit.
  4. Stab

Try 4Div RTC in Aldershot

4 Div RTC
  5. i'm attending challenge east from 25/7 to 22/8. not sure if you have to be from the east midlands or local area to participate, but it is a popular summer recruits package (so i'm told)

CE is at Grantham, so maybe you could get in contact and ask them about things?

6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Mate, the quick and easy answer is yes they most certainly can. Unless things have changed over the past couple of years (and this is a real possibility) the bids for slots at CMSR (TA) courses at ATRs were submitted to TA Soldier Processing Cell in Upavon. As I recall the bids had a list of ATRs which you had to order in preference. I think that the exclusivity of a particular ATR is the desire of your Brigade (49?), but there's nothing to technically stop your recruit being loaded onto another ATR.

I have the details of the TA Soldier Processing Cell somewhere andi fyou can afford me a couple of days I'll see if I can't find it and PM you. They'll probably be your best bet to call with queries of where and when your lads can get on.
  7. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

PM sent,
  8. these 2 lads that stabby is on about both have jobs that wont give them the amount of time off to do challenge east or any of the other summer challenges they are both keen lads and I am sure that they would travel anywhere just to get on a CSMR (TA)