Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Number 30

Swinger
I’m joining as a reserve, was going to join the Queens Own Yeomanry but got a technical assessment later on this month for MI so not committing to anywhere just yet. How about you?

Leo93

Swinger
Whats MI? I'm looking to go into 170 infrastructure support. You had dates for phase 1 yet or nah?

Number 30

Swinger
Military intelligence mate. Once I’ve done the tests in choosing exactly what I want to do then I’ll get some dates, looking forward to cracking on tho

For all the Commonwealth guys and girls.

The government set an annual quota on how many we can recruit in any recruiting year, the recruiting year runs 01 Apr - 31 Mar. We have reached that quota for recruiting year 19/20 and can not recruit anymore.

From applications (Demand far outstrips supply), we are already well into next years requirement and therefore applications are on hold.

Highly frustrating for those wishing to apply, but there is nothing Recruiting Group can do unless the government changes the requirement.
Is it true that recruiting might continue this April? There’s been a bit of word going around that it’s due to restart this April rather than next year

M3nsa

Crow
How are have you reach in your application ?
I was to attend assessment on November 14, 2019 but had to cancel because I was refused visa. since then the ban was placed and I'm still waiting for it to be lifted.

If you have any information regarding the ban kindly update us. Thank you

Jam12bix

Clanker
I was to attend assessment on November 14, 2019 but had to cancel because I was refused visa. since then the ban was placed and I'm still waiting for it to be lifted.

If you have any information regarding the ban kindly update us. Thank you
I think i heard i do not know if it is true but i heard they will be re opening soon maybe april

MarsR

Crow
Hi everyone. I finally got my deferral lifted today and was told that my assessment centre will be at the end of march.
Is there anything you guys could recommend for me to do to fully prepare.
I'm definitely going to up the amount of runs I'm doing. I'm running the 2k in 11 minute 25 atm so I need to get it down at least by 10 seconds which j think I will be able to do.
Also, will I be told what to bring to selection with me and are there people at the train station waiting for me??
Cheers in advance
I would say, that you shouldnt try to just get by the pass time. It limits your job choices alot. Anyways, when you do the run, you're push way more than you think your capable of, i would work on cardiovascular stuff so your legs dont fatigue. Good luck on your AC

I think i heard i do not know if it is true but i heard they will be re opening soon maybe april
Everyone's saying April but the commonwealth team's email from a while back about how new apps are unlikely to be taken in before the end of the year makes me really skeptical.

Yea i think they are right just have to see what happens
Any updates at all man? Had my Selection for New Zealand Defence Force and I've been told that I'm able to become an air force officer but there's a wait time of 1-2 years so I guess I'm waiting anyway ahah,

Jam12bix

Clanker
Any updates at all man? Had my Selection for New Zealand Defence Force and I've been told that I'm able to become an air force officer but there's a wait time of 1-2 years so I guess I'm waiting anyway ahah,
Have has your selection date for the British Army ? If not how far had you reach in your application ?

All face to face recruitment is about to stop in the very near future so I would expect delays whether Commonwealth or a UK national.

Jam12bix

Clanker
I applied as soon as I was 18 in Oct 2019, got told about the recruitment halt and told that I would need to reapply once it started again. What about you??
Ok Kl Just Keep Checking maybe will start sometime this Year as For me i am apply in 2019 just waiting for it reopen.

Absolutely gutted my assessment centre for Glencourse on April 24-25th has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Is anyone else in this situation?