Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

No you can’t I’m afraid, but that’s where your training and learning to pace yourself comes in to it, smash out your 1.2 miles as fast and as comfortable as you can. If your within your time happy days just keep repeating that. As you keep training though your body gets used to what pace you’re going at it’s turn up to you to push it a little further. Make sure your breathing correctly in through your nose out through your mouth, fill your lungs with air! Just don’t stop that’s the main thing no matter how you feel just slow it down until it’s feels you can speed up again then go for it. It’s all in the mindset. Your head with make you stop before your legs ever will as if you let it. Just keep thinking of the end goal! It’s 1.2 miles that’s potentially going to give you the career you’ve always wanted. Providing you give it everything you’ve got and more then there little more you can do.
Thanks A lot for your advice. Will put this into practice. ‍♀️

Serious question, Do you need to get naked for the medical ? I understand you strip to your underwear but do you need to take that of as well ? Asking for a friend ...

mccarronm3

Clanker
Anyone heading to glencorse this Wednesday?

I’m a rejoiner and I don’t think we ever did pull ups in the army never mind at selection
Ohh really, so are you saying it isn't necessary I get a pull up bar, cos some people advised me it will help in climbing obstacles during basic training.

Last edited:

mccarronm3

Clanker
Ohh really, so are you saying it isn't necessary I get a pull up bar, cos some people advised me it will help in climbing obstacles during basic training.
A mean aye but I just stuck to press ups and I was fine and weights

mccarronm3

Clanker
I am rejoiner too but my csm said no i did not i dora on phase two at itc but i have to wait year to rejoin, i just wondering if my service number is the same when i rejoin
Yeah your service number will be the same for the rest of your life

MarsR

Crow
I leave this week to lichfield, on my kitlist, it specifies that my clean clothing should be for an office environment, does that mean nore shirts and trousers? or stuff like jeans, ect?
Also, do i arrive in shirt, trousers and smart shoes too? and should i wear a tie for my face to face meeting at the end?
Another thing, how lenient are they with shaving? i dont really have facial hair, but its noticable-ish. you thing the staff will care if i dont shave?

Latest Threads