Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
I was there at the same time it seemed to be different for everyone I started with the Cognitive test first, then tst, then lunch, then medical, then fitness however I believe other people did this in different orders.
ok that's Good I have assessment soon at Litchfield.

Jordan8w

Swinger
Thought Id put a post up about the fitness standard of the assessment centre. I currently work as a mechanic so I use my upper body quite a bit. I also play football on Saturdays however due to covid this has stopped. I DID NOT TRAIN for the assessment centre I weigh in at 61kg so I am not a big lad. The bleep test I found was very easy for my role I only needed 7.6 so I achieved this and then carried on to level 8.1 for good measure. The medicine ball throw as well wasn't extremely difficult. They give you 3 attempts and on all three attempts my throws surpassed 4.5 metres. The mid thigh pull again I found quite easy. I took a similar stance to that of a dead lift. Make sure the bar is at a good height for you and you should be ok I pulled near on 170kg for someone who weighs 61kg I'd expect most people with even a moderate amount of fitness to be able to easily pass these test with the exception being people who work jobs which don't require manual labour and don't do any form of exercise whatsoever. My advice for this would be not to worry too much and just do you're best obviously it's better to be fitter as when you get to basic training it will make it considerably easier but do not stress about it!

Thought Id put a post up about the fitness standard of the assessment centre. I currently work as a mechanic so I use my upper body quite a bit. I also play football on Saturdays however due to covid this has stopped. I DID NOT TRAIN for the assessment centre I weigh in at 61kg so I am not a big lad. The bleep test I found was very easy for my role I only needed 7.6 so I achieved this and then carried on to level 8.1 for good measure. The medicine ball throw as well wasn't extremely difficult. They give you 3 attempts and on all three attempts my throws surpassed 4.5 metres. The mid thigh pull again I found quite easy. I took a similar stance to that of a dead lift. Make sure the bar is at a good height for you and you should be ok I pulled near on 170kg for someone who weighs 61kg I'd expect most people with even a moderate amount of fitness to be able to easily pass these test with the exception being people who work jobs which don't require manual labour and don't do any form of exercise whatsoever. My advice for this would be not to worry too much and just do you're best obviously it's better to be fitter as when you get to basic training it will make it considerably easier but do not stress about it!
Just an observation. My son passed the AC easily....he’s only about 60kgs, but lifted a similar weight for the mid thigh pull and scored over 9.5 on the beep test. However, it’s possible (as in his case) that you may be given a date for phase 1 very quickly...in his case 2 weeks after the AC. And the PT sessions are at a whole other level....he is fit and they’re challenging!

Jordan8w

Swinger
Just an observation. My son passed the AC easily....he’s only about 60kgs, but lifted a similar weight for the mid thigh pull and scored over 9.5 on the beep test. However, it’s possible (as in his case) that you may be given a date for phase 1 very quickly...in his case 2 weeks after the AC. And the PT sessions are at a whole other level....he is fit and they’re challenging!
Yeah I'm really looking forward to it! Love a challenge the main reason I didn't train before hand was due to me working so much I commit to 40 hours a week at an MOT station and then I work on cars at home as well in total I probably work 70 hours a week including the weekends.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Yeah I'm really looking forward to it! Love a challenge the main reason I didn't train before hand was due to me working so much I commit to 40 hours a week at an MOT station and then I work on cars at home as well in total I probably work 70 hours a week including the weekends.
which assessment centre did you go to Pirbright or Litchfield ?.

Hey gents, does anyone know the grading system for the Assessment centre? For example, if I'm going for Infantry and I get a 8.7 score on my bleep test, is that an immediate A grade or is it like a "bad pass" (so like a B or a C grade)?

Hey gents, does anyone know the grading system for the Assessment centre? For example, if I'm going for Infantry and I get a 8.7 score on my bleep test, is that an immediate A grade or is it like a "bad pass" (so like a B or a C grade)?
It depends on overall performance. ACT scores and team tasks are also factored in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads