Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sflynn1970

Clanker
Anyone know if phase 1 is back to being 14 weeks or is it still 12?
I think each intake is very different at the moment and you won't really know until you arrive. My son is currently in Week 8 (Started on Oct 4) and is in the first group to pilot a 'new' syllabus. Which is still a 14 week programme. No AT or ROW. The week behind him is on the normal syllabus apparently but will actually pass out a week before them so may be on 12. But you should be able to go by the dates in the portal.

M3g

Crow
Hi. Hope this helps someone. I went to the assessment centre yesterday and just thought I’d put a few things on here as I know some of the stuff I’d have liked to know wasn’t on this chat. Obviously my experience may be different to others but this is what I’d have liked to know before I went.
1. Have ID read if getting the train because it speeds it all up
2. The instructions are there to help you - ask for help if you need it or don’t understand
3. Females can request a female doctor for the medial if you want
4. If you live fair away you’ll get a blue band for your bib which shows you’re priority- they’ll ask you when you have you’re initial interview after the document checks
5. It helps to bring a spare change of clothes for the interview - it doesn’t need to be smart. Some wore smart clothes other did it in pt kit but I know I felt more comfortable in clean non smelly clothes - you go home after this so you’ll most likely travel in these clothes

Hope that helps someone - I know there’s been a fair few write ups but I haven’t found one for one day answering the questions I had

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Hi. Hope this helps someone. I went to the assessment centre yesterday and just thought I’d put a few things on here as I know some of the stuff I’d have liked to know wasn’t on this chat. Obviously my experience may be different to others but this is what I’d have liked to know before I went.
2. The instructions are there to help you - ask for help if you need it or don’t understand
4. If you live fair away you’ll get a blue band for your bib which shows you’re priority- they’ll ask you when you have you’re initial interview after the document checks
5. It helps to bring a spare change of clothes for the interview - it doesn’t need to be smart. Some wore smart clothes other did it in pt kit but I know I felt more comfortable in clean non smelly clothes - you go home after this so you’ll most likely travel in these clothes

Hope that helps someone - I know there’s been a fair few write ups but I haven’t found one for one day answering the questions I had
did you do medical first ?.

M3g

Crow
did you do medical first ?.
I did but some didn’t. The order I did was medical, pt, testing but others did it differently. This is in a bit more detail - when we arrived we were split into 2 groups. We had a briefing, shown our rooms (leave our bags), then taken to an office where they did a document check and we were given a check list, after that some went to testing and some went to medical - depends on the space available in different areas. You won’t do pt till after the medical because they need to clear you. Hope this helps

1andonly

Swinger

Thanks for the write up, it’s very helpful. Just one question, how many people attended the assesment centre it’s you? Also did you pass?

M3g

Crow
Thanks for the write up, it’s very helpful. Just one question, how many people attended the assesment centre it’s you? Also did you pass?
No worries - just ask if there’s anymore because both myself and the guy above went yesterday. I’d say around 15-18 of us. It’s hard to say. There was about 7/8 in group I was in. I did pass luckily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads