Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sflynn1970

Clanker
Hello I'm new on here was just wondering if anyone can give me any insight to this if possible. I have started my army application to join the royal engineers, I have had my triage phone call today and am to have my army brief tomorrow. In my portal it says in my army brief to detail any upcoming holidays in the next 3 months. Hear is my problem I have a holiday booked for the 6th of June 2021 and come home on the 17th of June. Now before anyone say (why the **** would you book a holiday then look to join the army) i know the process can take a long time, up to 9 months or more even depending on back logs etc... Thats not the point the point is if I had to I would have to cancel the holiday but I won't if I dont have to as its my first and last family holiday with my wife and 2 kids one 4 and the other 3. I know I still got to get through my army brief, send my medical off to the doctors which can take a while ive seen of posts here some lads were waiting 2 months for there medical to come back because they were dragging there heels.

Beside that I know I got to book a eye test etc... and depending on when there is a date for assesment to if I pass to when the next intake would be for phase 1 what are the chances of this taking me in to next year. Any ideas ladies and gents.

Also before anyone asks I don't want answers saying well you shouldn't off booked a holiday etc.. I just want a decent straight forward answers as I. Aware that I might have to cancel the holiday
As far as I know when then come to give you a start date, then they can give you a date that suits you a sI know my son had talked it through with them on the phone. My son is currently undertaking phase 1 training at Pirbright. He passed his final TST test in January but they gave him his original date of August which would allow him to finish college post June. I do get the impression though that the delay between assessment and basic is quite short at the moment. My son has boys in his section who had finished their assessments only a couple of months ago. He was one of the longest to wait to start.

I’m due at Lichfield in December, just looking for abit of information, are they running the bleep test on that one day or is it just medical and other tests being done that day then the bleep at a later date? Also how many people roughly, thanks in advance

Crow22

Clanker
Hello I'm new on here was just wondering if anyone can give me any insight to this if possible. I have started my army application to join the royal engineers, I have had my triage phone call today and am to have my army brief tomorrow. In my portal it says in my army brief to detail any upcoming holidays in the next 3 months. Hear is my problem I have a holiday booked for the 6th of June 2021 and come home on the 17th of June. Now before anyone say (why the **** would you book a holiday then look to join the army) i know the process can take a long time, up to 9 months or more even depending on back logs etc... Thats not the point the point is if I had to I would have to cancel the holiday but I won't if I dont have to as its my first and last family holiday with my wife and 2 kids one 4 and the other 3. I know I still got to get through my army brief, send my medical off to the doctors which can take a while ive seen of posts here some lads were waiting 2 months for there medical to come back because they were dragging there heels.

Beside that I know I got to book a eye test etc... and depending on when there is a date for assesment to if I pass to when the next intake would be for phase 1 what are the chances of this taking me in to next year. Any ideas ladies and gents.

Also before anyone asks I don't want answers saying well you shouldn't off booked a holiday etc.. I just want a decent straight forward answers as I. Aware that I might have to cancel the holiday
A couple of people have given a bit of an insight to this, but at pretty much every step of the way they can work around what the dates are for you. If you have had your triage call and army brief, the next step will be to get your RGMD done with the doctors. Give it a few days for them to receive it, anywhere between a week and 2 months for them to send it back, depending on how busy they are and how much you pester them.

Once they have done that, allow 2-3 weeks for the army to review, and assuming you have a clean bill of health, they will invite you to an assessment centre, where depending on the role you're applying for, they might give you a start date, or they might say they will be in touch at a later date with a start date. You could also pass the assessment centre but have to go to a follow up, if you're going for a role with a 2 stage recruitment process. Either way, joining up is a long process, and at every step of the way you can say certain dates don't work for you etc, and they will just add you to the next one etc. Even after you have done all of that, some roles have up to a year wait time, depending on how many intake slots are available.

Ultimately, it may go quicker than I've said, or it may go slower, but the key thing here is until you join the army and attest in your first week, you still have a lot of control over this process. Good luck!

Leedsboy

Swinger
Any rejoiners going Lichfield 15th Jan been waiting since march for date took there time but got it finally only need one day medical
What capbadge are you going for? I tried the rejoiner system in the summer, not greedy only wanted the AGC. Told only RAC and Inf were taking back.

Phil Mc

Crow
Anyone experiencing problems joining up leading up to Xmas period with CV-19 restrictions? examples being; are you selection/test dates changing or remaining the same? anyone feeling like they are getting messed about as my son is thinking to apply just wondering if to wait till the New Year or apply now, thoughts??? (This is for the Army and Royal Marines........any advise is appreciated, thanks

Dad 7419

Swinger
Anyone experiencing problems joining up leading up to Xmas period with CV-19 restrictions? examples being; are you selection/test dates changing or remaining the same? anyone feeling like they are getting messed about as my son is thinking to apply just wondering if to wait till the New Year or apply now, thoughts??? (This is for the Army and Royal Marines........any advise is appreciated, thanks
Hi Phil. I would imagine that your son would not get a date this year anyway, as he has to do his online application. This includes his medical docs from his doctor being sent to the forces. This part alone can take weeks, up to months, depending on what is on the records. Any date changes will only be further forward regarding problems, so assuming this is your sons career ambition, why wait? Keep searching on the forum for info, get as fit as possible and good luck.

Phil Mc

Crow
Hi Dad 7419 - Good advice and we think we have all the medical stuff together now, so that is something and your right - it took months to get everything as it was NHS and Overseas related so not easy but we are there now. Keeping fit is an excellent tip and makes complete sense, will pass it onto him as he is creating his login as I type. Why wait? makes sense..... thanks again.

Jordan8w

Swinger
Is there any other write ups for 1day assessment centres? During lockdown? I haven't seen any? oh well won't bother then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads