Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Hi, got my AC at some point when my area comes out of Tier 3, and have some previous knee problems on my medical records. My medical records were obviously cleared as I’m awaiting a date and everything, so just wondering if anyone has a detailed run through of the doctor assessment part of the medical at the AC, specifically the joints and limbs section and how strict they are on issues that have previously been cleared. I have no issues anymore so just don’t want any disappointing outcomes.
Thanks

Crow22

Clanker
Hi, got my AC at some point when my area comes out of Tier 3, and have some previous knee problems on my medical records. My medical records were obviously cleared as I’m awaiting a date and everything, so just wondering if anyone has a detailed run through of the doctor assessment part of the medical at the AC, specifically the joints and limbs section and how strict they are on issues that have previously been cleared. I have no issues anymore so just don’t want any disappointing outcomes.
Thanks
I went in almost a year to the day after a patella dislocation. If you have a history of issues with a certain part, they just double check that area. So for me, they made me do twice the amount of squats / duck walk as normal, and when I was laying on the table/couch thing she thoroughly examined it to make sure it looked and worked the same as my other knee. Also, one legged squats to check it can support your weight!

I went in almost a year to the day after a patella dislocation. If you have a history of issues with a certain part, they just double check that area. So for me, they made me do twice the amount of squats / duck walk as normal, and when I was laying on the table/couch thing she thoroughly examined it to make sure it looked and worked the same as my other knee. Also, one legged squats to check it can support your weight!
Thanks very much, that’s very helpful.
Could I ask how many squats etc, you’re expected to do normally, without any double checks that they might want to do?

Tubbs_1966

Swinger
Hey folks
Im not 100% sure if this is the right thread but
I’m 29 and have a half decent job and I currently have a deferred regular application in but with everything going on I’m a bit worried, like if I don’t like it putting in my discharge and coming home to no job and with the way everything is atm it’s a bit...

I was debating swapping my application over to reserves to see if I like it for a year or two before going full time.

but I’m worried about how that’s going to reflect on me like I don’t want to look like I’m undecided/flakey etc

what’s people’s thoughts?

Crow22

Clanker
Thanks very much, that’s very helpful.
Could I ask how many squats etc, you’re expected to do normally, without any double checks that they might want to do?
Hey man, sorry I only just saw this. The doctor asked me how many I can do in a minute as part of what I believe to be standard questions. She then asked me to do 10 squats in front of her, I think I got to about 6 (i was doing them slowly with perfect form to try impress) and she told me to squat. I did 5 one legged squats, although naturally there were not very deep!

Crow22

Clanker
Hey folks
Im not 100% sure if this is the right thread but
I’m 29 and have a half decent job and I currently have a deferred regular application in but with everything going on I’m a bit worried, like if I don’t like it putting in my discharge and coming home to no job and with the way everything is atm it’s a bit...

I was debating swapping my application over to reserves to see if I like it for a year or two before going full time.

but I’m worried about how that’s going to reflect on me like I don’t want to look like I’m undecided/flakey etc

what’s people’s thoughts?
Honestly they almost definitely won't care. The only time it will come back to you will be if you decide to go regs again, they'll ask why you stopped your first application. As long as you have your real answer and you stand by it, you'll be fine!

Tubbs_1966

Swinger
Honestly they almost definitely won't care. The only time it will come back to you will be if you decide to go regs again, they'll ask why you stopped your first application. As long as you have your real answer and you stand by it, you'll be fine!
It’s just with everything Going on I’m like concerned I’ll end up having to leave for some reason and come home and face being jobless like I know it’s negative thinking but this year has been a shite show

I'm wondering with boris announcing lockdown till 1st December next week am I gonna get my intake date (15th November) delayed or will it still be continued with measures in place

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I'm wondering with boris announcing lockdown till 1st December next week am I gonna get my intake date (15th November) delayed or will it still be continued with measures in place

Hi mate, yer literally sat here wondering the same. Will they send home the recruits who’ve just started phase 1 as well. Not good times for anything......

Hi mate, yer literally sat here wondering the same. Will they send home the recruits who’ve just started phase 1 as well. Not good times for anything......
I've just recieved an answer off another forum, dont take it as gospel as nothing is set in stone but apparently unless directly told to halt, training continues with the added element of the first 2 weeks you're isolated to a 6 man group ("a single household") then afterwards you then function on a larger scale with you're platoon/company etc. Also, the 2 week isolated monitoring phase; as they call it, will probably happen when everyone is back from Christmas leave also. Its only what I've heard not what's been instructed.

I've just recieved an answer off another forum, dont take it as gospel as nothing is set in stone but apparently unless directly told to halt, training continues with the added element of the first 2 weeks you're isolated to a 6 man group ("a single household") then afterwards you then function on a larger scale with you're platoon/company etc. Also, the 2 week isolated monitoring phase; as they call it, will probably happen when everyone is back from Christmas leave also. Its only what I've heard not what's been instructed.

Sounds remotely sensible for those already there and in bubbles to stay. I guess we will find out about those not started yet along the way. Fingers crossed for you mate.

KJT1

Swinger
I’m due too go to selection next week so I’m currently getting everything together now I was just wondering if a mobile phone bill counts as a utility bill ? As I currently still live at home with my parents so I don’t have many bills, thanks in advance.

Crow22

Clanker
According to the recruiting group on Twitter, training and AC’s will still be going ahead. Check @hq_recruiting. I saw a RT by the 2IC at pirbright for recruitment today
Nice one! I've passed my assessment centre and I'm waiting for my second stage assessment, hopefully they're the same!

Latest Threads