Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Ozzy00

Clanker
Good day Mates, please where can I download practice test questions for British Army Cognitive tests. The ones I have seen so far are online-based. I want something that I can easily access offline.
Hey There
The ACT (Army Cognitive Test) is called mindmill and I have found a booklet that is very similar to the one we got at Selection but still goes over the tests you will do I have attached it too this post
Good luck
Ozzy

Attachments

Dshishod

Swinger
I do mate, February im in Glencorse!
Same, next week have selection. unfortunately put my back out last week but seems okay now, just lack of training last week when would’ve been the time to absolutely push it. Anyways, that’s me just whinging.
The real thing I want to ask is in regards to: I’ve had nothing through as in what to bring etc. Did you get an email or message on the recruitment site at all?

Thanks
Darren

You should get a message through the application site, If you haven't and you only have a week to go call your CSM and ask them to either send/resend it.

Here a list of all the stuff I ended up using just as an example anyway:

Go in smart casual outfit (I used the same outfit for my interview)
Paperwork (Proof of Address, Proof of Nationality, Education certificates) & ID's
Bath towel (1 or 2)
Shower Kit & Shaving Kit
1 x pair of Shorts
2 x T-Shirts & Jogging bottoms (Also bring a tracksuit jacket/hoodie for early morning/Late evening chill)
Underwear (sensible ones at that as you will strip down to your underwear during medical)
Something to sleep in
Trainers & Flip-Flops (for Shower)

Extra's:
Phone Charger (yes you can keep your phone and use it during Rec or in the late evenings)
Headphones/Ear Plugs for at night
Eye mask
Snack Bars
Cigarettes and lighter for smokers
Paracetamol (for the very slim of chance you get a headache)

Mrsheeny

War Hero
Same, next week have selection. unfortunately put my back out last week but seems okay now, just lack of training last week when would’ve been the time to absolutely push it. Anyways, that’s me just whinging.
The real thing I want to ask is in regards to: I’ve had nothing through as in what to bring etc. Did you get an email or message on the recruitment site at all?

Thanks
Darren
I’d keep that to yourself about your back, otherwise you’ll get deferred.

Dshishod

Swinger
You should get a message through the application site, If you haven't and you only have a week to go call your CSM and ask them to either send/resend it.

Here a list of all the stuff I ended up using just as an example anyway:

Go in smart casual outfit (I used the same outfit for my interview)
Paperwork (Proof of Address, Proof of Nationality, Education certificates) & ID's
Bath towel (1 or 2)
Shower Kit & Shaving Kit
1 x pair of Shorts
2 x T-Shirts & Jogging bottoms (Also bring a tracksuit jacket/hoodie for early morning/Late evening chill)
Underwear (sensible ones at that as you will strip down to your underwear during medical)
Something to sleep in
Trainers & Flip-Flops (for Shower)

Extra's:
Phone Charger (yes you can keep your phone and use it during Rec or in the late evenings)
Headphones/Ear Plugs for at night
Eye mask
Snack Bars
Cigarettes and lighter for smokers
Paracetamol (for the very slim of chance you get a headache)
This may make me sound like a an a-hole but just out of interest can you wear compression clothes, like an under armour t-shirt/shorts? I mean no big deal if not, just out of curiosity. In a war zone doubt you’d have the luxury to pick out what to wear so would make sense if not.

This may make me sound like a an a-hole but just out of interest can you wear compression clothes, like an under armour t-shirt/shorts? I mean no big deal if not, just out of curiosity. In a war zone doubt you’d have the luxury to pick out what to wear so would make sense if not.
Quite a few of the people there with me wore them and nothing was said about it.

If you are talking about during the assesment - None to my knowledge

If you are talking about in general - A good start point is 3 sets of either 5 or 10 with a 15-30 second rest between sets

Anyone got an idea of how many pull ups females are su
If you are talking about during the assesment - None to my knowledge

If you are talking about in general - A good start point is 3 sets of either 5 or 10 with a 15-30 second rest between sets
What about Push ups? Someone just told me I have to be able to do 30-40pushups

The old passing requirements required push-ups and sit-ups. The only push-ups I did in my assessment was in the doctors office and that was all of 10 of them, some people only had to do 5.

It used to be around 40-ish (can not remember exact amount) in 2 minutes as part of the passing requirements

In the exact same style for standard fitness as before - To get started try to be able to do 3 sets of 10 (aim to finish a set in under 20 seconds) with 15-30 second rests would put you at 3/4s of the way to the old requirement and should serve as a good starting position to improve from

Ozzy00

Clanker

Nope no push ups
Though again I highly recommend you be able to do at least 10

The only fitness tests for selection is a 2km run, mid thigh pull and a 4kg Medicine ball Throw
Regards
Ozzy

Not any more at selection, the fitness test has changed now from the old style 1.5 mile run,press ups,sit ups etc to now its a 1.2 mile run, medicine ball throw and a mid thigh pull

Latest Threads