Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

CJ2020

Swinger
Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place, happy to move it if I’m not. Has anyone got any helpful opinions on choosing either rifles or royal Irish? Thanks

Crow22

Clanker
I have to do a 2 minute ice breaker presentation on myself as part of an assessment I'm going to, what subjects would you cover that are 'army appropriate'?

it should take about 3 week to get a assessment date after sending in your RGMD. how long have you been waiting ?.
For one month 2 weeks now, but no respond as to assessment date for me..My GSM said there are no dates for now, that i will be contacted once there is one.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
For one month 2 weeks now, but no respond as to assessment date for me..My GSM said there are no dates for now, that i will be contacted once there is one.
are you by any chance a commonwealth applicant ?.i think you just have wait most likely you will get date for next year that is a Possibility.

Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place, happy to move it if I’m not. Has anyone got any helpful opinions on choosing either rifles or royal Irish? Thanks

What made you pick either of those Regiments? that may give some indication of who you prefer because its you that will be joining, name a couple of reasons for each.

Last edited:

Dyl424

Crow
Just sent off my medical consent and eyesight forms, I believe if its all approved I get my AC date next, can anyone confirm? And if so how longs the wait?

CJ2020

Swinger
Just sent off my medical consent and eyesight forms, I believe if its all approved I get my AC date next, can anyone confirm? And if so how longs the wait?

Yeah thats right. I was only 10 days waiting for my med forms to be reviewed , just waiting for a date for ac from my recruiter now, he said my ac would be nov. It’s quick really.

Dyl424

Crow
Yeah thats right. I was only 10 days waiting for my med forms to be reviewed , just waiting for a date for ac from my recruiter now, he said my ac would be nov. It’s quick really.
Wow thats rapid, my recruiter said I'd be looking at around January for my AC which worked well for me as my fitness levels aren't quite there yet

CJ2020

Swinger
Wow thats rapid, my recruiter said I'd be looking at around January for my AC which worked well for me as my fitness levels aren't quite there yet

Which ac are you going to? After I got the forms all clear my recruiter just asked me about my run times etc and said they’d put in for a date for me and to expect November.

Latest Threads