Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Jordan8w

Swinger
Anyone got any assessment centre dates for November? I've just put in a request for mine as been waiting for Spiro dates.

Anyone else going Int Corps? It's my first choice and I've been told it's oversubscribed and that the earliest intake will be May of next year. Guttered as if I'd have known, I'd have went EW SIGINT before that got fully booked too.

Gbp2020

Swinger
Does anyone remember any of the topics of the maths test you sit at AC? As theres a lot on BBC Bitesize but I dont want to waste time revising topics that aren't in the test..
Yes I know you have to add subtract and multiply haha but for example are there percentage questions? Fractions? Etc etc

Kvami

Swinger
Yep me. Have you had any luck with yours? Wondering how long the wait will be, I’ve seen some people waiting for 9 months just to get the blood test!

Yes, had it done and my assessment as well. I start basic on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cal RE

Crow
I’ve seen a few people ask about the Technical Selection Test (TST)
Heres a complete list of what it will contain, Ive also included how many questions will be on each section.

If you revise all of the topics up until where Ive marked (Which are all generally quite easy as you have calculator) you should be able to pick up 25 easy marks. This will allow you to chose pretty much any of the jobs roles on the list - apart from a few REME ones but lets be fair no one wants to choose REME...

Drop me a message if anyone still thinks they will struggle.

1. Whole number division (2)
2. Decimal addition (1)
3. Decimal subtraction (1)
4. Decimal multiplication (2)
5. Decimal divsion (2)
6. Fraction addition (1)
7. Fraction subtraction (1)
8. Fraction multiplication (2)
9. Fraction division (2)
10. Fraction conversion (2)
11. Metric unit conversion (2)
12. Averages (2)
13. Ratios (2)
14. Proportion/scale (2)
15. Percentages (2)

16. Arithmetic progression (2)
17. Standard form (2)
18. Significant figures (2)
19. Volume (2)
20. Simultaneous equations (3)
21. Factorisation (3)
22. Area (2)
23. Angles (2)
24. Transposition (1)
25. Graphical interpretation (2)
26. Prefixes (2)
27. Indices (4)
28. Precedence (2)

Last edited:
Yes, had it done and my assessment as well. I start basic on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats! How long did you have to wait for the test booking to come through? I Did my AC on Saturday and passed everything, just wondering how long I will have to wait for this

In my case it took around 3-4 weeks after my assessment until I got a date
Jeez. That’s not as bad as some of the posts I’ve seen on this thread, hopefully I get that lucky!! Glad the waits over for you.
it’s annoying as the dr acknowledged that due to my activity levels and run times that it’s highly unlikely that I have it, but they don’t make exceptions!!

Gbp2020

Swinger
Hi guys,
Do you have to pass the maths test to pass the assessment centre??
I'm joining the Rifles and I'm just wondering whether if I fail the maths test will that mean I'll get a fail overall?

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

CJ2020

Swinger
Hi guys,
Do you have to pass the maths test to pass the assessment centre??
I'm joining the Rifles and I'm just wondering whether if I fail the maths test will that mean I'll get a fail overall?

I hope not I’m going rifles too
I don’t think the tests matter so much for infantry, my recruiter said something along those lines a while back
Did u get a date yet? Mine said they got dates for pirbright for Nov day before yesterday so they’ve asked for one of them for me

Gbp2020

Swinger
I hope not I’m going rifles too
I don’t think the tests matter so much for infantry, my recruiter said something along those lines a while back
Did u get a date yet? Mine said they got dates for pirbright for Nov day before yesterday so they’ve asked for one of them for me
Haha fingers crossed it doesnt matter to much as math is a very weak subject for me
I have been told itll be sometime in the week of november 16th shes just got to get me booked in.

CJ2020

Swinger
Haha fingers crossed it doesnt matter to much as math is a very weak subject for me
I have been told itll be sometime in the week of november 16th shes just got to get me booked in.

Me too did they say anything to you about going in for an assessment brief when they get you booked on one? What is it do u know?

Gbp2020

Swinger
Me too did they say anything to you about going in for an assessment brief when they get you booked on one? What is it do u know?
I wasn't told anything about an assessment brief.. I dont have a clue what that is either but I'm guessing it's just a meeting about how the assessment centre is being ran during covid maybe?

Latest Threads