Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

IceKing

Clanker
Just for information I was at selection a few weeks ago and the avionics tech intake for adult entry is full into March at the earliest next year, not trying to put you off or anything just making you aware in advance if you didn’t know already.

Ingrown hair is fine I think and the anti depressants will depend on how long ago you had them and what capita is like I think

Jack101098

Swinger
Just for information I was at selection a few weeks ago and the avionics tech intake for adult entry is full into March at the earliest next year, not trying to put you off or anything just making you aware in advance if you didn’t know already.

Thanks for your reply bud, where are you going for your initial 14 weeks training?

IceKing

Clanker
Good luck mate! I think the closest place for me is Catterick. Do you think that will change the intake time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no - Catterick is just infantry and if you want to go for avionics you go to pirbright or Winchester maybe. I think the reme is just pirbright - your intake date will depend on how quick you get to assessment and what grade and what avaliabilty there is. I originally wanted avionics tech but did not want to wait another half a year or more

Jack101098

Swinger
no - Catterick is just infantry and if you want to go for avionics you go to pirbright or Winchester maybe. I think the reme is just pirbright - your intake date will depend on how quick you get to assessment and what grade and what avaliabilty there is. I originally wanted avionics tech but did not want to wait another half a year or more

Ah right I see! The Army have had my medical records for over 1 week now, so hopefully I hear back soon. I am in regional lockdown so I cannot attend the assessment centre, so it may be a while for me.

IceKing

Clanker
Ah right I see! The Army have had my medical records for over 1 week now, so hopefully I hear back soon. I am in regional lockdown so I cannot attend the assessment centre, so it may be a while for me.

friendly bit of advice mate. Capita will defer you for literally anything. Have you checked the gp sent off the forms and capris received them?

Jack101098

Swinger
friendly bit of advice mate. Capita will defer you for literally anything. Have you checked the gp sent off the forms and capris received them?

I spoke to my candidate support manager last week who told me that they have received my medical documents, they are just waiting for someone to review them.

Hello lads/lasses

I just wondered how easy it is/how long it takes to switch regiments after joining the army.

I set out to join the paras and I was supposed to go to the assessment centre in March but this was cancelled a few days before for obvious reasons. This was rearranged and I went to the assessment centre in July however you might know that the fitness tests have changed with it now being a bleep test instead of a 2km run due to social distancing rules. I’m reasonably fit and I can complete a 2km run in under 8 minutes and 15 seconds quite easily but I had trouble at the assessment centre in july with the bleep test only scoring 10.3 when I needed 11.6. I can go and re attempt my fitness tests whenever I want now but I’m still struggling to get the score I need despite a lot of hard work but I really want to get in there as I was made redundant in august and I’m also bored out of my mind

I’m considering going in as soon as and joining a different infantry regiment, but the end goal is still to become a paratrooper and my recruiter also discussed this option with me. I’ve seena few people say it’s not too easy to switch roles and what not so I just want a bit more information on how that works, I’m not saying I’d want to get in and switch straight away but in a few years I definitely want to be a paratrooper

Sorry for the long read, and cheers

Last edited:
Hi everyone just looking for some advice.

ive had an application in for some time now and I have had a medical appeal ongoing regarding low mood. The update said they are allowing my application but I have been recommended for further medical assessment does anyone have any idea what this means? Will I have to see a doctor etc? Or will my application continue as normal?

Latest Threads