Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

I am just asking in regards to the British Parachute regiment, that if they require you to sit a Maths, Literacy, English or other tests for you to get entry into there training.

I know it clearly says on their website that no qualifications are needed, but I have seen else where on google that you do need to sit a Maths, Literacy and English test. Also that it can be quite advanced. Obviously being the Paratroopers and not the regular army, this does make sense somewhat.

I am joining in less than a year and have been training, running religiously six days a week for almost two years now. I am overly dedicated to succeed. I am going to call the recruitment office to find out, but I know from past questioning that there is always a different answer, and I can’t 100% trust or rely on what they say. If it is the case that I must sit the Maths and Literacy - etc, then I would be revising right until I join. I just want to be sure, because investing hours a day into revising if it’s not needed, would be a waste of my time, as I can do something else productive.

If anyone knows the answer, or has been to the Paratroopers training and seen how it works, please let me know and any advice is also appreciated.

Last edited:

Crow22

Swinger
Anyone know what beep test level you need for reserves?
It's the same as the regular standard for whichever corps you're joining:
7.2 - RLC, AAC, Music Corps, Int Corps, REME, Signals, AGC
7.9 Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers
8.7 RAC, Infantry
11.6 Paras.

The goal (in theory) is to have the whole corps to the same standard to fit the one army narrative that they're pushing.

CJ2020

Swinger
Does anyone have an average for how long it takes from the army getting med forms back from doctor to getting a date for assessment? I know it will be different for everyone, but just an average sort of time? Thanks

ashley82

Swinger
Does anyone have an average for how long it takes from the army getting med forms back from doctor to getting a date for assessment? I know it will be different for everyone, but just an average sort of time? Thanks
[/QUOTE. Hi pal, they received my medical forms from my doctor 7 weeks ago then I got my assessment date 3 weeks ago and I’m off to Lichfield this Tuesday! At first I was told it will take several months due to corona and a back log which they had but it’s actually gone really quick! I would suggest to keep ringing your doctor tho because they take ages to send them off

CJ2020

Swinger

Thanks mate! Yeah doc finally sent them on Friday, I was ringing them every day so think they sent them to get rid of me! Good luck on Tuesday!

ashley82

Swinger
Thanks mate! Yeah doc finally sent them on Friday, I was ringing them every day so think they sent them to get rid of me! Good luck on Tuesday!
cheers pal! it'll go really quick bud! my application has flown by! suppose it helps if you keep yourself busy training etc.
I spoke to a few guys and their experiences were different, some went quick and others took months! I spoke to my recruitment officer a couple of months ago and he told me mine won't be for ages as they had to try and push all the regulars through first, but surprisingly I've been given a date already! hope you do well mate and good luck!

Crow22

Swinger
To back up what the other guy said, mine took exactly 3 weeks from the day the doctors sent the password through to my medical result (although I didnt get an assessment date for another 2 weeks as I was waiting on spiro tests to restart!)

Crow22

Swinger
By the way this might be a silly question, but what happens at the 'Demistifying the assessment centre' event, are they just going through what to expect when we're there?

S7015642F

Clanker
still no had my train tickets for selection emailed anyone ken how long they usually take to arrive?

I went to ac the 7-8th august and got them three days before hand just as they don’t want to pay for anyone who’s displaying signs of covid, also look out for covid questionnaire that you have to fill out and send back asap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Threads