Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

ashley82

Swinger
If you fail your bmi if it’s over for example you get deferred until you can loose the weight and until the doctor signs it off. If you fail your run you have 2 more chances so yes you will go back to the assessment centre , it’s not a complete fail
awesome cheers, im currently 13st 11lb and my bmi says its 30.3with a waist size of 34in im 38yrs old and hopefully joining the royal engineers reserves in monmouth. i wouldnt say im over weight just very solid my assessment is the 1st of september so hopefully i can shred a few more pounds by then? cheers again.

MeToo

Crow
What then would you advise recruits, sir?

Also, may be now that there's an office for BAME soldiers, these things might get addressed quickly?

TE="AT EASE Gwyn, post: 10203713, member: 172973"]
This is not to deter recruits from leaving too early voluntarily, because they cannot leave voluntarily before the minimum full time service of four years. However, their one sided engagement means that they can be discharged "Services no longer required" before the four years is up. Some NCOs and Officers who are opposed to immigration know these rules. The hope of gaining British Citizenship can be lost if the soldier is discharged before four years. A series of unjust charges for petty offences can build up a disciplinary record to justify discharge. The discharged soldier then receives a letter from the Home Office ordering him to leave the country or be deported. Whist they remain in this country they are not allowed to work or have recourse to public funds. Their sponsors are expected to accommodate them in that situation.

Gwyn Gwyntopher

AT EASE voluntary counsellor
[/QUOTE]

The_Duke

LE

Also, may be now that there's an office for BAME soldiers, these things might get addressed quickly?

This is not to deter recruits from leaving too early voluntarily, because they cannot leave voluntarily before the minimum full time service of four years. However, their one sided engagement means that they can be discharged "Services no longer required" before the four years is up. Some NCOs and Officers who are opposed to immigration know these rules. The hope of gaining British Citizenship can be lost if the soldier is discharged before four years. A series of unjust charges for petty offences can build up a disciplinary record to justify discharge. The discharged soldier then receives a letter from the Home Office ordering him to leave the country or be deported. Whist they remain in this country they are not allowed to work or have recourse to public funds. Their sponsors are expected to accommodate them in that situation.

Gwyn Gwyntopher

[/QUOTE]
Look into the background of AT EASE, and who gives them financial support before you make any decisions about taking recruitment advice from them.

MeToo

Crow
Look into the background of AT EASE, and who gives them financial support before you make any decisions about taking recruitment advice from them.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Duke.

Dad 7419

Swinger
Long before policies that could be blamed on the Covid 19 pandemic, the AT EASE advice service was gravely concerned about the unfair treatment of candidates, serving members and veterans of the UK Armed Forces who are Nationals of Commonwealth Countries.

The Army is not currently accepting applications from Commonwealth candidates or inviting them to the UK for assessment during the Covid 19 restriction

Before the Covid crisis the British Army conducted a major recruitment campaign aimed at Commonwealth Nationals. Those who had not travelled to the UK before the Covid 19 restrictions may now be regarded as having had a lucky escape.

Those who travelled to the UK, at the Army's invitation, just before the restrictions are now in a situation that can cause hardship and humiliation. Overseas recruits are obliged to have sponsors who are resident in the UK. The sponsor has to sign an undertaking to provide accommodation for the candidate whilst he is in the UK.

Some sponsors may not have realised the extremity of this undertaking. They assume they will just be accommodating the recruit during the recruitment process which for British Nationals is a comparatively short time. After that they may think that they will just be providing a UK address which will be needed, when on leave from the Army, by a full time soldier in receipt of a wage.

Before they actually are in the Army, candidates are not allowed to work or have recourse to any public funds. They may be totally dependent on their sponsors and face being so for as long as the covid 19 pandemic lasts.

There is some acknowledgement of this in the Army website.

...we recognise the additional strain placed on Commonwealth candidates and their sponsors by their visa restrictions. The Home Office has agreed to extend all visas to 31July and the Army is now working hard to ensure that those who require further extensions in order to complete their application will receive them.

If they are not able to leave before their visa expires, the instruction is to return to their country at their own expense and then apply for a new visa.

If some do mange eventually to join the British Army, their troubles may not be over. They are told that after four years or more service they may apply for British Citizenship but if they leave before they have served four years, they have to return to their own country.

Gwyn Gwyntopher

Think you'd be better off taking your human rights, Quaker, politically motivated opinions somewhere else. This site is not the place to try to promote your "turn the other cheek" left wing propoganda. But its only my opinion, that to get information about the British Army, it should be got from........The British Army. ( and to add some balance, from ex servicemen/women )

Jam12bix

Old-Salt

Gwyn Gwyntopher

[/QUOTE]
can that Person rejoin if they choose to ?. If they are discharged

Cheers mate, was unsure if they'd changed it back to the 2k run. Trying to get my head around this mid thigh pull though. Hoping to **** it's piss easy cos I have no idea how I'm supposed to prepare for it when I don't have access to equipment for deadlifts

BigB24

Swinger
Cheers mate, was unsure if they'd changed it back to the 2k run. Trying to get my head around this mid thigh pull though. Hoping to **** it's piss easy cos I have no idea how I'm supposed to prepare for it when I don't have access to equipment for deadlifts

Mid thigh pull is pretty easy, the best results come through technique. If you do a Google search for it, you'll see some tips to help.

I got 140+ and there was some that looked 8 stone wet through who managed 100+.

ashley82

Swinger
hi guys i have my assessment next tuesday at lichfield anyone got any info on what its like now and how tough the beep test and medical tests are?

Teeth wont stop you passing assessment, you'll get a conditional pass and be told to send a letter from dentist saying you've had work carried out and have to send that to your AC medical team.

Happend to me in 2017, so before AC this time I had every filling, tooth etc looked at to avoid it, but perhaps they may not even notice yours.

Did you get a date for basic with a conditional pass or did you have to send a letter from the dentist first ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceKing

Clanker
Quick questions - Does anyone know if certain assessment is just for U18 or is it mixed age? Also is anyone at lichfield next Thursday?

S7015642F

Clanker
Quick questions - Does anyone know if certain assessment is just for U18 or is it mixed age? Also is anyone at lichfield next Thursday?

Atm they are doing all ages but split it by doing all male or all female not mixed. I went to Glencorse and half of us were over 18 who all shared a room and unders 18s got placed in room together. But all females, only 17 in total.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IceKing

Clanker
Atm they are doing all ages but split it by doing all male or all female not mixed. I went to Glencorse and half of us were over 18 who all shared a room and unders 18s got placed in room together. But all females, only 17 in total.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheers

Hi I apologise if this has already been answered, but I couldn’t find the information I needed, I’m waiting for assessment and I’m interested in joining the engineers as a armoured engineer, do they do a basic security check on this role or is it more advanced?

Thank you

Latest Threads