Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Recently passed my assessment after training and learning. And have now been told I could be deferred due to financial reason.

I work in construction and have earned good money and have 3 kids and a wife but have there support but have now been told I have to be reviewed as the army don't pay as much. Has this happened to anyone???

CJ2020

Swinger
Hi everyone, I have my medical triage call this week and my army brief phone interview the day after. Is there anything specific I should look at/research in preparation for the army brief phone interview besides watching the video on YouTube they sent me a link to? Thanks

Towelie

Clanker
Recently passed my assessment after training and learning. And have now been told I could be deferred due to financial reason.

I work in construction and have earned good money and have 3 kids and a wife but have there support but have now been told I have to be reviewed as the army don't pay as much. Has this happened to anyone???

I had that mate, i got a kid, house etc and this is a pretty big pay cut for me. Got the finance thing that you got im assuming, they gave me a form on the portal to fill out and it basically had the armys pay and then asked for your other halfs pay too but that was optional and what your credit cards bills, loans, mortgage, rent etc are like then gave you a total with everything gone and what you are left with. Once done it was accepted within the day and got my phase 1 date the same day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that mate, i got a kid, house etc and this is a pretty big pay cut for me. Got the finance thing that you got im assuming, they gave me a form on the portal to fill out and it basically had the armys pay and then asked for your other halfs pay too but that was optional and what your credit cards bills, loans, mortgage, rent etc are like then gave you a total with everything gone and what you are left with. Once done it was accepted within the day and got my phase 1 date the same day

Cheers for the quick response..
Yeah my CSM did say that just annoying when I get that far and think I'm ready to start my new career and then hit by that.

Towelie

Clanker
Cheers for the quick response..
Yeah my CSM did say that just annoying when I get that far and think I'm ready to start my new career and then hit by that.

Yeah i know what you mean, thought the same thing. The guy that did my chat at the end was basically saying that they tend to do it because we have “extra baggage” with us so they want to know that we wont be a liability

Yeah i know what you mean, thought the same thing. The guy that did my chat at the end was basically saying that they tend to do it because we have “extra baggage” with us so they want to know that we wont be a liability

Yeah same here, he basically said alot of people are kids and don't know better, and I've lived a life, with good pay and dependents. Just hopefully get it put to bed soon. Worked hard and ready for the next chapter now.

Towelie

Clanker
Yeah same here, he basically said alot of people are kids and don't know better, and I've lived a life, with good pay and dependents. Just hopefully get it put to bed soon. Worked hard and ready for the next chapter now.

Thats it mate, i start sunday so last day of work friday, buzzing to get going but not looking forward to leaving the girlfriend and my little boy

lsmi97

Swinger
People are saying it's a bleep test and not a 2km run what's the required score on the bleep test ? Or is it best effort ?

According to the selection event documents i received:

All Junior Entry (except infantry and paratroopers): Level 7
Royal Logistic Corps, Corps Army Music, Intelligence Corps, Army Air Corps, Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Royal Signals, Army Medical Services, Adjutant General's Corps : 7.2
Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers: 7.9
Infantry, Royal Armoured Corps (inc JE): 8.7
Paratroopers and Junior Entry Paratroopers: 11.6

Crow22

Swinger
According to the selection event documents i received:

All Junior Entry (except infantry and paratroopers): Level 7
Royal Logistic Corps, Corps Army Music, Intelligence Corps, Army Air Corps, Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Royal Signals, Army Medical Services, Adjutant General's Corps : 7.2
Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers: 7.9
Infantry, Royal Armoured Corps (inc JE): 8.7
Paratroopers and Junior Entry Paratroopers: 11.6

Do you happen to know if it's the 15m or 20m version?

S7015642F

Clanker
Has anyone been told they’ll be loaded onto a start date by careers office then it take a while to come through? If so how much of waiting time, did you wait?

I applied in Feb 20, AC in End of March got cancelled because of COVID. Got my new date end of July for AC. Passed that and have a Basic Training date of January 2021. Its this late because Im joining the AAC and they only intake every 3 months and Oct is full....... Another trade might be quickier

I've gone infantry. Applied in april, assessment two weeks ago and got my start date for basic 20th September. 5 months start to finish and probably would have been slightly quicker if assessment hadn't been postponed because of covid.

ET4703

Crow
Hi all! I'm applying to do student nursing and I have my nursing board next week. Is there anything I should prepare and research, I havent been given anything to look at and prepare for as yet and would like to get started ASAP
Thanks in advance

BigB24

Swinger
Afternoon folks just got a quick question to anyone whos been AC on Arrival it says "You should arrive wearing sports kit" did everyone turn up in Sports kit like Tracksuit Bottoms ect or did people just wear jeans, polo top i last done AC 3 years ago & it was abit different then
You'll get a call the morning you're due to to arrive. They said to me travel and turn up in whatever you feel comfortable in. We only did the cognitive tests the first night, nobody did any Phys.

Latest Threads