Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

CRennie

Swinger
How many people did you have on AC & The litracy & numeracy Test is it Level 1 or 2 you need if i have certificates i have
Basic Skills-Intial Assessment -Literacy: level 2
Basic Skills-Intial Assessment -Numeracy Level 1
We had 20 people at AC. All male. I’m from Scotland so I’m not sure what that level 1 and 2 means but if you have GCSE/National5 at grade C or above in English and maths you don’t need to do it. I had English but not maths so done the maths and it only took 10 mins.

CRennie

Swinger
Just curious what the layout of the day was. I know we've had a few people answer this but I'm wondering if it's changed at all due to CV19.
We done mid thigh and ball throw first night with all the other admin stuff and cog test. Next day was medical and English and maths tests and then the run ended by interview

I kind of like it its the mid/ball first night what time did you have to be at selection though different times might different process unless ADSC is at the same time all the time

Crow22

Swinger
One more question CRennie, did you shower and change into a suit before your interview or do it straight from the run?

Anyone else got issues with scammers since applying for the army. gave my email one day and someone tried to accesss it the next day i got a scam phone call whe i gave it my phone number. is it just me?

Just passed assessment at Palace Barracks Belfast.

The day went quick, started at 6:45 am. Arrive at Palace barracks and wait in car until they come get you.

You will walk down to the block and get a brief, takes about 10 minutes. You'll fill out 2 forms and give them your identification documents and then leave for the assessment building.

Once there you'll be left in a waiting room, has radiators, couches, wifi, a tv with youtube and you can literally just chill out here. Keep in mind you are still being watched and assessed so keep a good attitude. I didn't bother with my phone and just clicked into some army videos that had been on recently watched.

At this point you fill out another form so that the doctors and nurses can complete the tests on you. You need to give a urine sample but you can do this at any point throughout but it will go quicker if that's done first thing.

Then, depending on how many are on assessment, you will rotate through the process. At palace barracks I think its 6 total, only 3 when I was there. 3 go medical and 3 go physical and you rotate in 1's mabey 2's doing each part.

For me it started with the nurse and doing my eye test, hearing test and ecg. Took about 15 to 20 minutes. Then the doctor came and brought me in. They talk with you about medical history, the more you have in your file the longer this will be, so if you have medical issues be prepared with dates and stuff. Doctor will then do joint and ligament tests and make you do duck walks and press ups. My doctor only took about 15-20 minutes. Then the literacy, numeracy and cognitive tests, which took the longest, mabey a half hour or more. Usual stuff here, same as you have done at the start of your application with some extra school type questions for literacy and numeracy. Do not stress these they're just common sense questions.

After all this you'll be back waiting for th PTI's, this is where you really have to be switched on. Stand up straight, answer yes staff and be enthusiastic. They'll bring you over to a block setup for the physical tests and give you a brief. Mid thigh pull was first, then medicine ball and then beep test. Beep test was outside between cones. After this you'll be brought to where you've left your bag and you can get a quick shower before your interview.

Interview was quick and painless, but with me I had joined up before so for first timers I'm sure there would be more questions. But it's not a grilling just asking about why you want to join and how are your family about you joining and things like that. Again dont stress it just be honest and polite.

All in all I was out the gate by half 12 with a pass and offered a conditional contract to start training by the end of the day.

Obviously this is how it went for me so not everyone is going to be the same and other assessment centres might be run differently but the main things are the same. Same tests and you need to give 100% Turn up ready to go, enthusiastic and polite. Bring everything you need, even if you think you might not need it bring it anyway. Bring your phone for numbers, emails and passwords incase you forget them for the forms. But only use it for that, do not sit around checking your facebook in the waiting room

Hope this helps anyone going assessment soon, I remember how nervous I was first time around.

Any questions just ask, I'll answer as best I can.

CRennie

Swinger
One more question CRennie, did you shower and change into a suit before your interview or do it straight from the run?
Shower after run and then change into whatever you want, we got told not to bring suit so just changed into casual clothes

Hi guys just want some info so I'm rejoining the infantry and at this moment i am eating for a medical at assesment that's all I need to do but I keep being told there not happaning at this time but reading on here sounds like there messing me around enyone else having difficulty

KHBA

Clanker
Hi guys just want some info so I'm rejoining the infantry and at this moment i am eating for a medical at assesment that's all I need to do but I keep being told there not happaning at this time but reading on here sounds like there messing me around enyone else having difficulty
There will always be a medical lol they're defo messing you about

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

So I just rang and thay keep saying that because it's a face to face and ppe is a issue odds on its at glencourse again has enyone been up there for a medical I rejoined november and had all paperwork sorted in march but have been getting told medicals are limited might just not join

KHBA

Clanker
So I just rang and thay keep saying that because it's a face to face and ppe is a issue odds on its at glencourse again has enyone been up there for a medical I rejoined november and had all paperwork sorted in march but have been getting told medicals are limited might just not join
What you mean medicals limited mate

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

My csm keeps saying no change when I ask about a date he said it's because I need a face to face medical that said that would resume medicals after covid but on British army Twitter that are saying people who rejoin could be fast tracked I think that are taking p*** don't know why that are doing this bizarre

Latest Threads