Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Towelie

Clanker
That’s where I’ll be going what are the beds/showers etc like?
The rooms are a dorm with like 15 bunk beds but every other bed is taped of not for use and only one person per bed so i only had 1 other person near me and they didnt give us time to use showers. When we got woken up at 6 they gave us till 630 to get ready, strip the beds and be outside. But they are in the toilets and are there if you want to use them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pukka12_7

Swinger
The rooms are a dorm with like 15 bunk beds but every other bed is taped of not for use and only one person per bed so i only had 1 other person near me and they didnt give us time to use showers. When we got woken up at 6 they gave us till 630 to get ready, strip the beds and be outside. But they are in the toilets and are there if you want to use them

Yeah makes sense with all this COVID stuff going on atm. Was you all suited and booted when you got picked up from the station

Tubbs_1966

Swinger
I'm female and done it all - This is true they do ask you to take your bra off doesn't matter on the bra, it's not awkward at all, just lay there have a chat, and it's a lady who does it
if you’re a bit shy they give you a bit of paper towel to cover yourself and if you’re not body confident girls who I did selection with wore a bikini in the shower (I didn’t know and just showered after everyone else was done)

nicc94

Crow
Finally got my assessment date, 23rd-24th July at glencourse. Been told it’ll be paperwork on the Thursday night and then testing the following day. Anyone else headed to glencourse then?

CRennie

Swinger
Finally got my assessment date, 23rd-24th July at glencourse. Been told it’ll be paperwork on the Thursday night and then testing the following day. Anyone else headed to glencourse then?
I’m going on the 28th mate. Computer tests, fitness tests and medical tests all in one day?

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
I’m going on the 28th mate. Computer tests, fitness tests and medical tests all in one day?
Its not difficult, bar the run ( if your unfit ), medical can be a bore as usually theres 30 to do, assuming there only 10-15 people its more than do-able in one day.

Towelie

Clanker
Done the ac on saturday, the bleep test is really easy, in between each level, say 1 and 2 you get two chances to not reach the line before the bleep but when it gets to level 3 it resets to 2 chances again. Same for each level

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
Done the ac on saturday, the bleep test is really easy, in between each level, say 1 and 2 you get two chances to not reach the line before the bleep but when it gets to level 3 it resets to 2 chances again. Same for each level

LOL I got A Grade the 2 times ive done selection would of been much easier with a bleep test :p no second chances on the run. Well done btw mate been following your progress. You going infantry or will you be in Pirbright?

Towelie

Clanker
LOL I got A Grade the 2 times ive done selection would of been much easier with a bleep test :p no second chances on the run. Well done btw mate been following your progress. You going infantry or will you be in Pirbright?
Definitely easier with the bleep test, when they was explaining i thought they got it wrong!and guards mate, got phone call today for 16 august phase 1

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
Definitely easier with the bleep test, when they was explaining i thought they got it wrong!and guards mate, got phone call today for 16 august phase 1

I go 16th of August mate, I was in Guards 17 Platoon in 2017 mate. Enjoy Catterick a different beast of a place. GL bro.

Towelie

Clanker
I go 16th of August mate, I was in Guards 17 Platoon in 2017 mate. Enjoy Catterick a different beast of a place. GL bro.
What you going for? And yeah looks insane, basically a town by itself lol

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
What you going for? And yeah looks insane, basically a town by itself lol

Subway on camp is boss! Im going as a tankie mate! So lot easier this time round for sure aha. Left Catterick week 28 on medical discharge, was gutted but snapped me ankle. Its as easy as you make it bro put the work in x

Towelie

Clanker
Subway on camp is boss! Im going as a tankie mate! So lot easier this time round for sure aha. Left Catterick week 28 on medical discharge, was gutted but snapped me ankle. Its as easy as you make it bro put the work in x
Im screwed if there is a subwayand fair enough man, that was one of my choices, was pretty torn tbh on all 3 of my choices and ouch! And yeah basically what the the interviewer said at the ac

Jannieb

Swinger
My son passed his assessment last Tuesday/Wednesday.... grade B. Had a conditional pass on medical tho, stating they need to speak to a senior member regarding his adhd?... was told someone would ring to confirm? He’s not in meds and hasn’t been for 8 years...it’s just something he’s learnt to control and live with. Any idea how long they take? Is there a number he can call to chase? Pirbright reception not answering and his csm has just said he’s got to wait?

Kvami

Swinger
Anyone else on here deferred pending sickle cell blood test?

Latest Threads