Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Does anyone know if you have to do a selection board for a dental nurse after initial selection simular to student adult nurse? or is it a case simular to CMT infantry etc where if you score high enough points your in?

Asked recruitment and either people don't know or they keep referring me to QURANC who then inform me they don't know because dental nurses are RADC.

Hi so this is for the females that have already completed assessment centre haha!!
So I’ve heard that during the medical for the ECG they you to take your bra off?? I was wondering if this is accurate or not?

nicc94

Crow
I haven’t had mine yet, but I’d imagine this will be true, or will maybe depend on what kind of bra you’re wearing.
To allow them to get the most accurate reading, the attachments should sit on bare skin, and bra straps etc will probably just get in the way :) I’m sure they’ll be very professional about it and it shouldn’t be an issue.

Hi so this is for the females that have already completed assessment centre haha!!
So I’ve heard that during the medical for the ECG they you to take your bra off?? I was wondering if this is accurate or not?

Towelie

Clanker

This is from a girls experience recently, she explains in the video that you are asked to remove all top half clothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pukka12_7

Swinger
Has anyone been asked to do their 2km run on a fitness app and email it to them? Iv just done mine in 10m 18s not the greatest but I haven’t run in a while should I try again tomorrow or just send that time over? I have until Monday to send it

Badger1968

Swinger
Has anyone been asked to do their 2km run on a fitness app and email it to them? Iv just done mine in 10m 18s not the greatest but I haven’t run in a while should I try again tomorrow or just send that time over? I have until Monday to send it
What stage are you at? Have you got an assessment date yet?

Badger1968

Swinger
Yeah. I've done all that and sent in my medical records. Hoping to go to Harrogate next March but want to get my assessment date asap.

Pukka12_7

Swinger
Yeah waiting for my gp to send mine off to them. Yeah I need mine ASAP too just want to get it over and done with. What are you planning on doing?

Pukka12_7

Swinger
Oh nice. That was my second choice and a driver. I’m m lucky to have a RLC barracks very close to me too which is a bonus. You’ll probably be repairing my trucks lol

KHBA

Swinger
It's alright!
I have been in the process since may 2019 but I was deferred until feb this year because of my medical records. I reapplied in feb got a date in April but that was put on hold cause of the virus. I have applied for a role as a student nurse, which is a priority role.

I have been told that the assessment centre is one day (9am -5pm) and includes medical, cog test, bleep test, mid thigh pull, med ball throw and interview. There are going to be no team tasks to stop people catching things and passing things on. I hope this helps you
Is it no longer a 2km timed run then ?

KHBA

Swinger
Hiya guys, I've got my clinical triage today then my interview on Friday.
I'm just wondering if I will he rejected due to having depression in the past.. It was around 3-4 years ago but I only stayed on the medication for a month tops, will this affect my decision?

Yeah it is a 2km timed run but I had to do it on strava and screen shot it and email to them. I’m guessing I won’t have to do it again at the assessment centre.
You will have to do a bleep test at the assessment centre on the day (previously a timed 2km run). The 2km run on Strava was likely set by your recruiter - this only allows the recruiter an idea to see if you are fit enough for the assessment for the role(s) you are going for. I had to prove 2 x 2km runs on Strava otherwise my recruiter wouldn’t book me back in for my retest assessment.

KHBA

Swinger
You will have to do a bleep test at the assessment centre on the day (previously a timed 2km run). The 2km run on Strava was likely set by your recruiter - this only allows the recruiter an idea to see if you are fit enough for the assessment for the role(s) you are going for. I had to prove 2 x 2km runs on Strava otherwise my recruiter wouldn’t book me back in for my retest assessment.

Okay thanks for the reply. What level must you reach on the bleep test as I swear the bleep test is a complete different level of fitness to the 2km run?

Hope the above screenshot helps - there is no leeway given for infantry or equivalent MSFT roles. And yes totally different... Most normal people do a 2km run at a steady/same pace throughout whereas the bleep test I suppose tests your reaction to the bleep sound, turning and speed. You also get 3 warnings for the bleep test. Puts more strain on your knees - this is something admitted by the AC staff.

KHBA

Swinger

Hope the above screenshot helps - there is no leeway given for infantry or equivalent MSFT roles. And yes totally different... Most normal people do a 2km run at a steady/same pace throughout whereas the bleep test I suppose tests your reaction to the bleep sound, turning and speed. You also get 3 warnings for the bleep test. Puts more strain on your knees - this is something admitted by the AC staff.

Thanks a lot for the help I do appreciate it. Level 8.7 isn't to bad for infantry I guess I'll just have to change up my training for the bleep test. Just as I got my 2km perfect now it's a bleep test fml haha

It isn’t hard. I just made the mistake of training the day before. Think the recommendation from them is to leave 3 days before your AC of no exercise.

Towelie

Clanker

It isn’t hard. I just made the mistake of training the day before. Think the recommendation from them is to leave 3 days before your AC of no exercise.

Got my assessment this friday, you able to explain 3 warnings? If you dont make the bleep is that a strike?

Latest Threads