Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

I am by no means an expert but I know you’ll need to attest and get issued kit prior to attending. I assume a week is pretty tight, but if you’ve got this much notice hopefully your unit can get everything prepared?
I hope they can tbh wanted to join since I was in reception if I can't make it in October I'll have to go adult entry cus I'll be too old for the march intake

AB2020

Swinger
I hope they can tbh wanted to join since I was in reception if I can't make it in October I'll have to go adult entry cus I'll be too old for the march intake
Why did you only get a Sept date? You applied pre lockdown and dates are being given now for regulars. Aren’t there any earlier AC dates?

Badger1968

Swinger
Any idea why its taken 9 months to get you to assessment centre, other than Covid, has anything else caused a delay? I spoke with someone last week who was given just two weeks notice to go to assessment at Glencourse. September seems such a long way away.

Why did you only get a Sept date? You applied pre lockdown and dates are being given now for regulars. Aren’t there any earlier AC dates?
I did have a date in April but it got cancelled I'm going to ring them Monday when they are open to ask for a closer date if I can it is my birthday the day after my AC aswell so I will try use that

Any idea why its taken 9 months to get you to assessment centre, other than Covid, has anything else caused a delay? I spoke with someone last week who was given just two weeks notice to go to assessment at Glencourse. September seems such a long way away.
It really is such a long time away I heard they are putting Harrogate entry's later in the year but that late is a bit mad to me I was thinking late August early September fingers crossed I will get and earlier date or they give me the kit list before the ac so I can get everything ready for it if I get in

Pukka12_7

Swinger
Hello first time posting on this.
to people that have been to the assessment centres within the last few weeks and had to stay for 1 night, how is the day laid out?

Dad 7419

Swinger
Hello first time posting on this.
to people that have been to the assessment centres within the last few weeks and had to stay for 1 night, how is the day laid out?
If you go back a few pages you will read about people who have been in the last few weeks. They rock up on the day, do their stuff, and go home. No overnight stay. ( This may change at any time though )

Towelie

Clanker
If you go back a few pages you will read about people who have been in the last few weeks. They rock up on the day, do their stuff, and go home. No overnight stay. ( This may change at any time though )
I got mine on the 10th and its an overnight stay now, turn up at 7pm, no food so got to eat before and then do everything next day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pukka12_7

Swinger
Yeah I got told it’s an overnight stay but didn’t know if they done paperwork stuff in the evening or a couple of bit in the evening to get it done quicker that’s all.

Towelie

Clanker
Yeah I got told it’s an overnight stay but didn’t know if they done paperwork stuff in the evening or a couple of bit in the evening to get it done quicker that’s all.
Might be to start the medical, from what ive heard before corona it was an all day thing so might give them some more time

Towelie

Clanker
On the 2k run do they let you wear a smart watch for pace etc?
Its a bleep test now and i would say no, they want you to put best effort. Not knowing what you are on then try harder if needed

Towelie

Clanker
Is this written down anywhere? I’m guessing it’s a temp Covid thing?
I got all the info when i got my assessment date but yeah its a covid thing, running at lower capacity they are using the bleep test for an alternative. From what ive been told they tend to use it in the winter when they are open normally too

Towelie

Clanker
Cheers, rather do the run...
Same as mate, completely different runs. If your wondering on the levels you got to get its 8.7 infantry. 11.6 for paras, them two are the highest, think reme etc are around 7

Latest Threads