Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Number 30

Swinger
Hi, does anybody have anything further on the tests that are currently in place at the assessment centre? I.e do you do a maths and English test and well as cognitive tests.?
I am looking to join as a RMP reserve however haven’t done any maths since school .... and I am nearly 40! So some time ago ....and is there anything you can do to prepare for them? Thanks in advance
Brush up on your algebra for the TST, if you have certificates for GCSE’s they don’t make you do the english and maths. If you miss out on your score by a couple of marks they give you a second go.

Kvami

Swinger
Brush up on your algebra for the TST, if you have certificates for GCSE’s they don’t make you do the english and maths. If you miss out on your score by a couple of marks they give you a second go.
Not just algebra. Fractions, ratios, percentiles, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, last week I signed the document to say that the Army can access my medical records then I will be booked into the assessment centre. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to access and review your medical records?

kidinashed

Clanker
Hi all, Have anyone recently been to the AC if so can you let me know what sort of question they’ll ask you in your final interview? So I can be prepare for it, Thanks

hi guys, I am currently waiting to find out when my assessment centre date is, and have applied to join the royal monmouthshire royal engineers reserves. I am 38 and play a lot of rugby, so im a biggish lad and quite solid. My fitness is good, and can do my 2k run in 10 mins, but i am worried about my BMI are they strict on this in the medical exam? Thanks

AB2020

Swinger
hi guys, I am currently waiting to find out when my assessment centre date is, and have applied to join the royal monmouthshire royal engineers reserves. I am 38 and play a lot of rugby, so im a biggish lad and quite solid. My fitness is good, and can do my 2k run in 10 mins, but i am worried about my BMI are they strict on this in the medical exam? Thanks
I believe that there is some leeway if you’re only slightly over (allowance for muscle mass) and as long as you can complete the 2km run it hopefully won’t be an issue.

I believe that there is some leeway if you’re only slightly over (allowance for muscle mass) and as long as you can complete the 2km run it hopefully won’t be an issue.
cheers, I am running and doing HITT training to try and get to my recommended bmi for my age so hopefully by the time i get my assessment date i should be ok.

Crow22

Crow
I was told if you have a BMI over 28, then you need to have a waist size below 94cm (37inch) and to pass the running tests

Tubbs_1966

Swinger
when I went my bmi was 30 so they did a waist measurement and I think it has to under 100cm for men iirc

when I went my bmi was 30 so they did a waist measurement and I think it has to under 100cm for men iirc
[/QUOTE I’m a 34 inch waist and I think my bmi is 30.1 well that’s what it says on the nhs bmi calculator not sure if that’s accurate or not? They have got a machine in boots so I might just use that. Thanks for info

Tubbs_1966

Swinger
the nhs one is accurate cause it’s maths (‘:
But yeah just measure your waist, you’re a rugby lad so there’s no dramas, I feel the pain being a martial artist built like a shithouse door

the nhs one is accurate cause it’s maths (‘:
But yeah just measure your waist, you’re a rugby lad so there’s no dramas, I feel the pain being a martial artist built like a shithouse door
i spoke to the recruiting office today and they said they got a back log of regulars they need to put through before reservists so should give me enough time to loose a few more pounds ha ha

Got my assessment date today for the 17th June at Glencourse! Super excited, anyone else going then? X

Hi, i have seen on this post you have applied as a student nurse. I have to and similar to you I have applied March 2019 and been in the system since then. I live Bishop Auckland to, it would be nice to message as you are going for the same thing as me. Good luck on the assessment centre, I went last August and from this I was meant to be going to the selection board at Sandhurst but because of coronavirus I am now having a Skype interview in around two weeks with the selection board. My recruiter said it is tough this year around as hundreds have applied and there is only 50 spaces. Hopefully I pass that and I should be going in September. Hope the assessment centre goes well for you.

Latest Threads