Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

amnesia

Old-Salt
Commonwealth candidate
There is currently a backlog of CW candidates for Assessment Centre whilst a number of internal policies are changed - hence no dates are available currently.

Once these policies are tested and implemented new dates will be released.

Kvami

Swinger
Okay. I already had assessment in December but had to push it forward because my visa had been delayed. I now have my visa. Does that apply to me too. I’ve communicated it to my csm and all she tells me is there are no dates yet.

amnesia

Old-Salt
Okay. I already had assessment in December but had to push it forward because my visa had been delayed. I now have my visa. Does that apply to me too. I’ve communicated it to my csm and all she tells me is there are no dates yet.
Yep - like I said new policies are being put into place.

mccarronm3

Clanker
lost my passport and the police have my driving lisence, does anyone know if student ID would pass as thats the only photo ID i have

Ozzy00

Clanker
lost my passport and the police have my driving lisence, does anyone know if student ID would pass as thats the only photo ID i have
No mate have a look at British Army website on the selection page and go down to event details and it has an ID guide there I would post the link but it doesnt allow me too

Alternatively call the National Recruiting Helpline at 0345 600 8080

elee95

Crow
Probably a stupid question;

In the instructions for the Assessment Centre is says 'clothing for 2 days (should be suitable for wearing in an office environment)'. What kind of clothing does that mean? On my interpretation, in my office I can wear jeans, a normal t-shirt and trainers. I guess on their interpretation would be like a shirt, chinos and some chino shoes?

Again probably a stupid question but wanted to ask.

Probably a stupid question;

In the instructions for the Assessment Centre is says 'clothing for 2 days (should be suitable for wearing in an office environment)'. What kind of clothing does that mean? On my interpretation, in my office I can wear jeans, a normal t-shirt and trainers. I guess on their interpretation would be like a shirt, chinos and some chino shoes?

Again probably a stupid question but wanted to ask.
I'd say office wear is smart shirt, trousers and shoes.. no tie or anything.. basically laid back smart dress?

magsy26

Swinger
Just bring 2 x jeans because on the 2nd day you'll have a lot of waiting around. Just be prepared, you don't want to be that guy wearing the same clothes all day

The_Duke

LE
Just bring 2 x jeans because on the 2nd day you'll have a lot of waiting around. Just be prepared, you don't want to be that guy wearing the same clothes all day
Just remember - the people you aspire to join will think themselves lucky if they have room for one pair of jeans for a 6 week exercise or 6 month deployment. Same clothes all day? Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

There is currently a backlog of CW candidates for Assessment Centre whilst a number of internal policies are changed - hence no dates are available currently.

Once these policies are tested and implemented new dates will be released.
Internal policies? Like what?

I applied from the commonwealth in October and got told that they would contact me once the backlog was cleared, they are yet to send me the advanced medical forms to take to my gp and etc (police form) so I’m still waiting. Any ideas how long I might have to wait?

Kvami

Swinger
Internal policies? Like what?

I applied from the commonwealth in October and got told that they would contact me once the backlog was cleared, they are yet to send me the advanced medical forms to take to my gp and etc (police form) so I’m still waiting. Any ideas how long I might have to wait?
Forever fam. They seem not to have an idea on timelines on commonwealth applications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Threads