Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

I'm from Yorkshire and i prob have to go to AC Glencourse near Edinburgh. Anyone else faced with such a journey for a 9am start?
I'm going on Wednesday. I'm getting a lift from my sister from Bishop Aukland and I'm gonna have to get up at like 5am lol. Shouldn't be too bad for me though tbf, I have to get up at 5am for work when I'm on shift aha

kidinashed

Clanker
I’ve been told I’m looking at the end of September for my Phase 1, Any of you have any idea when I might get my Selection date?

S7015642F

Clanker
1. Glencorse selection centre has been open as well since Monday. 2. There are issues with loading people on to selection atm as they are over booking people. As on the day there are only allowing 7 people compared to 40-50 they’d have on a normal selection intake that’s 2 1/2 days. I’ve been to selection myself and witnessed about half the intake go home on the first day due to medical rejections. 3. There’s been a lot of people failing the bleep test and can’t go back for at least six weeks if you fail. I’d recommend using the video on Spotify for 20m distance. 4. Harrogate are being prioritised at a later date around August time as the September phase 1 date has changed to October. 5. The recruitment has been tits up for a while.

Leo93

Swinger
1. Glencorse selection centre has been open as well since Monday. 2. There are issues with loading people on to selection atm as they are over booking people. As on the day there are only allowing 7 people compared to 40-50 they’d have on a normal selection intake that’s 2 1/2 days. I’ve been to selection myself and witnessed about half the intake go home on the first day due to medical rejections. 3. There’s been a lot of people failing the bleep test and can’t go back for at least six weeks if you fail. I’d recommend using the video on Spotify for 20m distance. 4. Harrogate are being prioritised at a later date around August time as the September phase 1 date has changed to October. 5. The recruitment has been tits up for a while.
Do you know if the phase 1 date will be similar for reserve training? I got told initally end of September ish.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Source assessment is over book for the year ?
So Assessment is over book for the year ?

S7015642F

Clanker
Source assessment is over book for the year ?

So Assessment is over book for the year ?
No it’s not what I am saying , with the back log and the amount of people waiting to go to selection since March, they are booking too many people on to dates and realising they can’t because ac are only allowing in 7 people per day.
It’s not to say it’s going to be full all year but when measures drop then the army will soon to follow by the guidelines.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
No it’s not what I am saying , with the back log and the amount of people waiting to go to selection since March, they are booking too many people on to dates and realising they can’t because ac are only allowing in 7 people per day.
It’s not to say it’s going to be full all year but when measures drop then the army will soon to follow by the guidelines.
Ok i understand so space could be available later on in the year. What was one day selection like ?

AB2020

Swinger
How can people fail the bleep test? Until you reach level 5 it’s light jogging. Annoying how unprepared people are getting dates and others are sat around when they can pass and move onto basic.

My unit has sent me dates for basic until end of the year, but I can’t book any of them as I’ve not been to AC yet and then still have to attest etc. before starting basic.

I’ll be surprised if I get a date in July going off what my CSM has said so far......

Latest Threads