Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

AB2020

Swinger
Not got a date for selection yet, but heard from CSM they are running at reduced capacity when reopen.

Also, army video on YouTube regarding fitness tests says reserve officers run a bleep test anyway, not the 2km run which soldier entry do (first time I’ve heard). Apparently 8.3 is minimum.

Suppose it’s all up in the air at the minute, but will update once I hear anything.

nicc94

Crow
Spoke to my careers officer this morning, waiting on an assessment date and been told the same thing. Assessment weekend being shortened to 1 day, and bleep test rather than 2k run. I asked what level of bleep would be required for Infantry and was told 8.6.
Haven’t done a bleep test since I was in cadets, so I can’t remember if that’s a challenging level, going to have to set one up in the garden and practice.
Don’t imagine I’ll be given a date anytime soon anyway, I didn’t already have one before lockdown as I’d just began my application and have been told they have a large backlog and that those who’d had their dates cancelled, or those waiting for a retest will be prioritised.
Also they’ll be running the assessment days with half the normal capacity.

AB2020

Swinger
Spoke to my careers officer this morning, waiting on an assessment date and been told the same thing. Assessment weekend being shortened to 1 day, and bleep test rather than 2k run. I asked what level of bleep would be required for Infantry and was told 8.6.
Haven’t done a bleep test since I was in cadets, so I can’t remember if that’s a challenging level, going to have to set one up in the garden and practice.
Don’t imagine I’ll be given a date anytime soon anyway, I didn’t already have one before lockdown as I’d just began my application and have been told they have a large backlog and that those who’d had their dates cancelled, or those waiting for a retest will be prioritised.
Also they’ll be running the assessment days with half the normal capacity.
Thanks for the update.

8.6 is fairly easy only about 7/8 mins of jogging and then running with level 6 onwards a brisk run.

Hi I want to join the army, I’ve seen a few people say the process can take 6-12 months till training, I don’t meet the fitness requirements, I’m very unfit and probably couldn’t run 100m, should I apply now and get fit or should I wait to apply and meet the requirements first?

kidinashed

Clanker
Hi I want to join the army, I’ve seen a few people say the process can take 6-12 months till training, I don’t meet the fitness requirements, I’m very unfit and probably couldn’t run 100m, should I apply now and get fit or should I wait to apply and meet the requirements first?
Apply then start training you’ll have plenty of time mate

Hollz2412

Swinger
Hope this helps for people asking about bleep tests. Just found out all RLC is 7.3 which I’ll assume is the minimum as they had the highest run time, infantry is 8.9 and paras 11.7 so that look like the range.

Bob65

War Hero
Practice bleep tests before you go. It’s not just fitness like a run is, you need to have your pacing nailed to get the best score. Temptation is to try sprinting each leg then recovering between bleeps but you want to be as close as possible on the bleeps.

batts

Crow
Hi, does anybody have anything further on the tests that are currently in place at the assessment centre? I.e do you do a maths and English test and well as cognitive tests.?
I am looking to join as a RMP reserve however haven’t done any maths since school .... and I am nearly 40! So some time ago ....and is there anything you can do to prepare for them? Thanks in advance

Towelie

Clanker
Hi, does anybody have anything further on the tests that are currently in place at the assessment centre? I.e do you do a maths and English test and well as cognitive tests.?
I am looking to join as a RMP reserve however haven’t done any maths since school .... and I am nearly 40! So some time ago ....and is there anything you can do to prepare for them? Thanks in advance
All tests are the same, just the run is changed for a bleep test. For maths and english get yourself on gcse bitesize, completely free, hope that helps

kidinashed

Clanker
Yes mate, originally for end of may but im on a priority role so was told a date within 2 weeks then start basic around a month after
I was suppose to have my selection may the 6th I’ve Also gone for a priority role, what job have you gone for?

Latest Threads