Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Joeyy13

Swinger
Mate it’s probably the easiest part of selection, it’s different than deadlifting in the gym, you stand on a sort of scale and pull on a fixed bar, if your lifting 90kg free weights it will 100% say more on the test. I scored way more on the selection test than I’ve ever lifted with free weights in the gym. Think I scored 180kg and I’ve only ever done 100kg in the gym, and that was on the 1st attempt.

Honestly not worth stressing over, same with the medicine ball. Just concentrate on your running, don’t go crazy with the weights
Ahh perfect thank you for that, wow you really smashed it then well done!
The medicine ball throw isn't a bother for me as I know what to expect.
I was just wondering as Ive never used a mid-thigh pull, and were I'm doing so much cardio, my weight is just dropping quickly and feel I'm loosing alot of muscle mass, mid April I was weighing around 76/77kg and now I'm down at just over 73. My diet/ macros are good so I know it's not because I'm not eating enough.
I'm not so much stressing over it, I thought I may aswell ask as I didn't know what to expect from a mid tigh pull never using one, so thank you for clearing that up for me.

Number 30

Swinger
No problem, how far/often are you running? I trained shorter faster runs for selection eg 3-4 miles max so I didn’t lose too much weight, with circuits in between throughout the week. I went to selection around 80kg.

Fartlek running is was probably the best thing that made me get my 2k run quicker, I didn’t diet i just ate well and trained hard.

Good luck with selection

Joeyy13

Swinger
No problem, how far/often are you running? I trained shorter faster runs for selection eg 3-4 miles max so I didn’t lose too much weight, with circuits in between throughout the week. I went to selection around 80kg.

Fartlek running is was probably the best thing that made me get my 2k run quicker, I didn’t diet i just ate well and trained hard.

Good luck with selection
I've been furloughed from work and gyms are closed so I have alot of time on my hands right now... I'm running 5-6 times a week ranging from 2-5 miles, then 1 or 2 times a week I'll do a 4 mile walk in the afternoon with a 10kg vest on.
I timed my 1.2 the other day and was 10. Mins 12 second, and that was after doing 3 miles so I think I will be a little quicker than that.
Ah I've heard of fartlek, I'll have a look at doing that.
Thank you, I have done selection before but in 2016 so different tests and then done 11 weeks of basic training all at Pirbright before deciding to come out. I've been trying to get back in for the last 3-4 years due to a spout of depression after leaving, so I'm on my last apeal which they have asked me to send in testimonials, which if its upheld in a few months I want to be more than ready to go and to pass with a good grade which I got a B last time so hopefully I can't do worse haha.

kidinashed

Swinger
Hi all, Have anyone recently been to the AC (Before Lockdown) if so can you let me know what sort of question they’ll ask you in your final interview? So I can be prepare for it, Thanks

Joeyy13

Swinger
Hi all, Have anyone recently been to the AC (Before Lockdown) if so can you let me know what sort of question they’ll ask you in your final interview? So I can be prepare for it, Thanks
Were are you going? If you scroll back a few pages some of the lads have wrote there entire selection experience.
But normally depending on how you done in the rest of the course depends how long your interview lasts-- research things like, CDRILS, phase 1 what you will learn were yall be going ect, your phase 2 again what and were, they may also ask you why you want to join the army and things like that, its not hard and its just stuff you should already know and be prepared for.
Good luck mate hope you get a date soon

What date did u have before it was cancelled?
Hey,
I was supposed to go on my assessment at glencourse on the 24th 25th April, but that was postponed for obvious reasons. Got a call last week and they are placing people into red, amber, green for readiness and I was in green so hopefully I will be going on one of the first dates.

kidinashed

Swinger
Hey,
I was supposed to go on my assessment at glencourse on the 24th 25th April, but that was postponed for obvious reasons. Got a call last week and they are placing people into red, amber, green for readiness and I was in green so hopefully I will be going on one of the first dates.
I was suppose to be going Lichfield 6th of May getting very impatient now just wanna get my selection done lol

I was suppose to be going Lichfield 6th of May getting very impatient now just wanna get my selection done lol
Yep me too! I just wanna try it done and get into basic. I have been so patient. I have been in the application process since last may - so a year now. That's because I was deferred for 6 months due to a really dumb reason and I had to wait until February until I could resume my application. Then, when I finally get a date and feel as though things are moving forward, stupid COVID-19 comes and ruins everything so yep I'm getting impatient now lmao

kidinashed

Swinger
Yep me too! I just wanna try it done and get into basic. I have been so patient. I have been in the application process since last may - so a year now. That's because I was deferred for 6 months due to a really dumb reason and I had to wait until February until I could resume my application. Then, when I finally get a date and feel as though things are moving forward, stupid COVID-19 comes and ruins everything so yep I'm getting impatient now lmao
What are you joining up as?

Hey,
Ive been before but failed the run due to pulling my hamstring
My phone call was only a quick one to ask how I’m doing/healing

JJWRacing

Clanker
Just turn up and do what you do best, ie be yourself, that's what we all did in the old days and funny enough everybody turned out all right. Stop pre-empting the selection process, do Max fiz, read a paper make sure you can add and subtract, write with a pen in normal English. However just be yourself.

Latest Threads