Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

There is a meeting planned for early next week to introduce measures in response to the announcement on Sunday.

S7015642F

Swinger
What about Commonwealth is it still on going ?
Doesn’t it say on army website that they’re no longer accepting commonwealth applicants? I’m sure that includes inviting them into the country for assessments with covid 19

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn’t it say on army website that they’re no longer accepting commonwealth applicants? I’m sure that includes inviting them into the country for assessments with covid 19

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I second this. Pretty sure it's only temporary, though.

I can't match the run time, though everything else comes easy to me.
Do I apply now and keep working towards it or wait until later?

Since August last year my run time was 25 minutes plus and I've got it down to around 19 mins. I've already applied twice and dropped it due to good opportunities and want to really see it through, so do I try now with the mindset of being ready but unwilling to fail or wait until I am sure?

Number 30

Swinger
2km in 19mins? Oh my days you’ve got some serious work to do. Most people can walk a mile in that time.

If your being serious you need to hit the road

I can't match the run time, though everything else comes easy to me.
Do I apply now and keep working towards it or wait until later?

Since August last year my run time was 25 minutes plus and I've got it down to around 19 mins. I've already applied twice and dropped it due to good opportunities and want to really see it through, so do I try now with the mindset of being ready but unwilling to fail or wait until I am sure?
19 mins is still quite a bit off, I'd focus on getting it down much, much lower before you sink your teeth into any application forms. Go for longer runs, it will improve your stamina. I tend to run with a mate, so that I'm essentially racing him; it pushes me to keep going as I want to beat him. Stuff like this will help you work on your fitness and get that time down. I'm sure a few of the vets on here might have some other tips as well as they are more experienced than myself.

Kvami

Swinger
Any news on when ACs would reopen since training is to begin soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any news on when ACs would reopen since training is to begin soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, I dont know when they're going to reopen.
However I got a call from my army careers office saying they are looking at opening them soon. He asked me whether I had my identification documents sorted, how fast I'm running my 2k and things and then proceeded to grade me in either red amber or green. I was put into green. He said the ACs will probably have around 12 people and that we need to try to get transport there to avoid using public transport if possible. We will be reimbursed.
That is the info I was given as of today I hope this helps

Joeyy13

Swinger
Hey guys,
This may be a silly questions as I know the army have requirements for a reason... You either pass or fail them but,
I was wondering if anyone would know and I'm sure there may be others thinking the same or maybe not; so as gyms are not open and alot of us do not have the equipment to train dead lifting, and without access to heavier weights or the money to buy home gym weights heavy enough, it is mainly cardio and body weight, weight vest excersise we can do to to train so obviously muscle mass is going to be decreasing from what we would usually be lifting in the gyms, so for job roles that are required to lift 118kg on the thigh pull, is going to be alot harder without having the weight to train for it.

Does anyone know if there is any changes or leway to any requirements to testing for this?

Also with the mid thigh pull bar, how is it measured... For example, if you are able tk dead lift with bar bell 90 kilo, will the mid-thigh pull say you lift more or less or the same and the bar bell?

Thank you in advance

Number 30

Swinger
Mate it’s probably the easiest part of selection, it’s different than deadlifting in the gym, you stand on a sort of scale and pull on a fixed bar, if your lifting 90kg free weights it will 100% say more on the test. I scored way more on the selection test than I’ve ever lifted with free weights in the gym. Think I scored 180kg and I’ve only ever done 100kg in the gym, and that was on the 1st attempt.

Honestly not worth stressing over, same with the medicine ball. Just concentrate on your running, don’t go crazy with the weights

Latest Threads