Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

Hi guys,
So I've recently decided that I'm going to try join the army at 31.

I've been to Catterick 4 years ago and DAOR'd at week 11 due to personal circumstance at the time. I've always regretted it and I think I'll not get it out my head if I dont atleast try.

So my questions are,
Do you ever hear of guys joining at 31 and do you think it'll hurt my chances being that age and already have DAOR'd in the past.

forerunner

Swinger
Hi guys,
So I've recently decided that I'm going to try join the army at 31.

I've been to Catterick 4 years ago and DAOR'd at week 11 due to personal circumstance at the time. I've always regretted it and I think I'll not get it out my head if I dont atleast try.

So my questions are,
Do you ever hear of guys joining at 31 and do you think it'll hurt my chances being that age and already have DAOR'd in the past.
I'm 32 and done exactly the same. I regretted leaving at Week 8 last year but gone through the process again to rejoin and got a date to start training in May, my date is still live so fingers crossed it will still go ahead. I definitely say go for it

I'm 32 and done exactly the same. I regretted leaving at Week 8 last year but gone through the process again to rejoin and got a date to start training in May, my date is still live so fingers crossed it will still go ahead. I definitely say go for it
Probably couldn't have asked for a better answer, cheers mate. Not sure if 1 year vs 4 might make a difference tho. Only one way to be sure

Hopefully all is back to normal by then, best of luck with it mate.

Yhtony

Swinger
your date will probably (should) be postponed 2 months like the rest of us. Those who where meant to go on March/April should get the next available dates.

forerunner

Swinger
your date will probably (should) be postponed 2 months like the rest of us. Those who where meant to go on March/April should get the next available dates.
I was originally suppose to go for an April intake but they put down for May instead but understand what your saying. When was you suppose to start ?

forerunner

Swinger
My date in May has now been cancelled so just got to wait out, there’s certainly going to be a waiting list when the restriction is lifted.

Yhtony

Swinger
My date in May has now been cancelled so just got to wait out, there’s certainly going to be a waiting list when the restriction is lifted.
have you been given a new date ? I was meant to start in March, was contacted a few days ago saying because I was due to start then I’ll be towards the front of the queue for the next intake.

I’m assuming everybody else who was meant to start May/June have been deferred for the same amount of time as those who where meant to start March/April.

forerunner

Swinger
have you been given a new date ? I was meant to start in March, was contacted a few days ago saying because I was due to start then I’ll be towards the front of the queue for the next intake.

I’m assuming everybody else who was meant to start May/June have been deferred for the same amount of time as those who where meant to start March/April.
No idea on timescale just suppose it all depends on how long restrictions are in place for ref coronavirus.

Yhtony

Swinger
No idea on timescale just suppose it all depends on how long restrictions are in place for ref coronavirus.
I've heard people who are already in basic training have been told to go back May, my mate is in basic training for the marines and he’s also been told he can go back in may. Hopefully that applies to new recruits as well.

jave1

Crow

my start date is june and i have not been advised my date has changed or pushed back. I think its a wait and see and those who have been delayed will get fitted around it all as it means your phase 2 training does not line up anymore and they have to reorganise your phase 1 for that.

Pj1982

Crow
Hi Everyone,

I'm a UK national (born and raised), lived in the UK most of my life. I have been an expat for the past 7 years (I was living in France and the Netherlands) and was looking at coming back to the UK to apply for a career in the Army.

However it says I need to have 3-5 years residency immediately preceding my application. Is this hard line fact? Is there any way around this?

I previously worked for the MOD for two years with SC clearance 11 years ago to give some background.

Thanks

PJ

Yhtony

Swinger
I’m
my start date is june and i have not been advised my date has changed or pushed back. I think its a wait and see and those who have been delayed will get fitted around it all as it means your phase 2 training does not line up anymore and they have to reorganise your phase 1 for that.
Have you had any further updates about your training being postponed mate ?

Leo93

Swinger
Anyone joining the reserves has any contact? I was meant to get attested the day the lockdown went into full swing! I guess it is just a waiting game now.

jave1

Crow
I’m

Have you had any further updates about your training being postponed mate ?
No nothing yet just a check up call to make sure im safe and havent gotten sick. And my application is still saying its going ahead. Have you heard anything back yet?

Yhtony

Swinger
No nothing yet just a check up call to make sure im safe and havent gotten sick. And my application is still saying its going ahead. Have you heard anything back yet?
no, the careers centre just ringing me every couple of weeks to keep me updated.

Latest Threads