Recruit application and assessment sticky 2020 - all related chat in here

The_Duke

LE
A new sticky thread for those hoping to undertake the recruit application process including attending an Assessment Centre (AC) during 2020.

The rules:

1. Think before you post - No personal details, no times of trains etc. Absolutely no FB links. Read the sticky thread on personal security before you start posting.

2. No such thing as a stupid question, but please make sure you use the search engine before you ask.

3. Use the medical sticky thread for medical enquiries. Make sure you look up the relevant parts of the JSP contained therein before you become the 50th person to ask that week if your asthma/depression/ADHD might cause you a problem.

4. Give (and receive) advice cautiously. We are lucky to have some true recruiting/ADSC subject matter experts who support these boards. Listen to them, not the bloke who might have passed but has no real idea how or why.

5. Keep it civil. For the "old and bold", if you can't help with accurate and current information, then head over to the NAAFI to play. Breaking this rule will result in ROPs.

Any Commonwealth applicants get their application reviewed/ invitation letter since it's Jan now? Hoping the temporary ban has lifted by now. Last I spoke to a Capitas rep she said to wait till Jan 2020, this was back at the end of Nov.

Hi fellas, anyone got assessment for 2020 yet?
Some guys from my country that are in the UK atm for assessment are still waiting to do their 2km run but have done the rest. So I guess they're still going through applications from last year.

Kvami

Swinger
Some guys from my country that are in the UK atm for assessment are still waiting to do their 2km run but have done the rest. So I guess they're still going through applications from last year.
They do that now, you do your tests and wait to do the 2k?

Just a quick question actually, not sure if this is the right place

But after I go for my briefing at the careers office, if all goes well, how long can I expect to wait until an assessment date does it take a while?

So have my Assessment next month, and have received my Event details sheet with what to take with you.

Now I can have pretty much everything I need packed in a medium sized holdall, but the formal outfit for the interview would probably end up creased quite a bit, what I want to check is if it Would be fine to have that outside of my holdall in a suit carry bag (trying to keep it in the best condition).

mccarronm3

Clanker
anyone got selection 20th february?

elee95

Crow
I have a assessment on the 25th for the Army Reserve up at Assessment Centre Glencorse (don't know if just Reserve or includes Regulars as well). Anyone else on this one?

amnesia

Old-Salt
So have my Assessment next month, and have received my Event details sheet with what to take with you.

Now I can have pretty much everything I need packed in a medium sized holdall, but the formal outfit for the interview would probably end up creased quite a bit, what I want to check is if it Would be fine to have that outside of my holdall in a suit carry bag (trying to keep it in the best condition).
Yes, of course. Theyre hardly going to stick you back on the train for having an extra bag.

amnesia

Old-Salt
They do that now, you do your tests and wait to do the 2k?
There are currently some issues which are preventing certain candidates from doing the 2k run. If you happen to be one of those candidates, you will be informed at the time.

This is for their own safety.

Yes, of course. Theyre hardly going to stick you back on the train for having an extra bag.

I actually got a check-up call today and asked then, and was told pretty much the same thing with an added point of that it actually looks better as it shows that your going out of your way to keep things neat, tidy and in order.

elee95

Crow
I actually got a check-up call today and asked then, and was told pretty much the same thing with an added point of that it actually looks better as it shows that your going out of your way to keep things neat, tidy and in order.
So so we turn up in normal clothes (if the suit is in a carrying case), or do we just wear another smart-casual outfit with the addition of our suit for the interview?

So so we turn up in normal clothes (if the suit is in a carrying case), or do we just wear another smart-casual outfit with the addition of our suit for the interview?
What I plan to do it to have a clean, and freshly ironed, shirt with my suit jacket in the suit carry bag, Whilst wearing the trousers and another shirt with a coat (as I imagine it will be either wet and/or cold) during the travel to mine.

If it is really hammering it down with rain, i'll wear a different pair of trousers and have my suit ones in the carry case as well, But it is completely up to you, you can wear a completely separate smart casual outfit if you wish

Just put it in your suitcase you get provided with an iron and ironing board in your rooms. Also when I did my selection initially I was the one who turned up in smart clothes but everyone else turned up in normal clothes so it’s up to you what you wear to selection event on first day.

CaptainCod

Swinger
Hi all does anyone know how long it takes to get a national security vetting form Which has been completed to be approved ?

mccarronm3

Clanker
Hi all does anyone know how long it takes to get a national security vetting form Which has been completed to be approved ?
my pal had one for the specific role he chose, it took months apparently

Latest Threads