Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment centre sticky 2021 - all related chat in here

Ukesh

Crow
Hi all,
Just wanted to ask two quick questions.
I've had my initial interview via video call last year either in Nov or Dec I believe. I was told that I have to do the Medical test before going to the AC. So my question is: Are their recruitment process still ongoing despite the lockdown cause by Covid or put on hold?
And my another question is: What if you have a crowded teeth such as misalign? Will it affect the application during medical check? I know they check the health seriously and thoroughly, and so I'm quite afraid of my situation.

Thanks in advance.

Mkue

Swinger
Hey guys, quick question - recently passed my AC but there are currently no spaces available for my chosen job role for phase 1 so I've pretty much been put on a waiting list (Funnily enough I applied for this job role as it was priority). I'm interested in other roles too that I would qualify for from my AC results - is it easy enough just to ask to switch to another job role if it has spaces available for phase 1? thanks

Hey guys, quick question - recently passed my AC but there are currently no spaces available for my chosen job role for phase 1 so I've pretty much been put on a waiting list (Funnily enough I applied for this job role as it was priority). I'm interested in other roles too that I would qualify for from my AC results - is it easy enough just to ask to switch to another job role if it has spaces available for phase 1? thanks
What you applied for mate?

Mkue

Swinger
Hey,
Do you think there is any vacancy available in any roles in royal engineering department?
I'm not sure pal as that was part of my question, my CSM isn't available until Monday so i'll wait until then and try asking about availability for other roles to see if I can switch job choice to join sooner

Mkue

Swinger
Any one know the TST Score for Driver in The Royal Engineer Corps ?.
There is a thread on here for TST requirements - try searching for "Technical Selection Test (TST) - Everything You Need To Know" and it should come up with test score requirements for each role

Hi all,
Just wanted to ask two quick questions.
I've had my initial interview via video call last year either in Nov or Dec I believe. I was told that I have to do the Medical test before going to the AC. So my question is: Are their recruitment process still ongoing despite the lockdown cause by Covid or put on hold?
And my another question is: What if you have a crowded teeth such as misalign? Will it affect the application during medical check? I know they check the health seriously and thoroughly, and so I'm quite afraid of my situation.

Thanks in advance.
Everything is still definitely ongoing recruitment wise, might be worth chasing up AFCO for an update.

Dunno about the teeth stuff tho, they do ask questions relating to dental care on the medical triage.

Anyone attested yet? I passed for Army Reserve at Litchfield less than 2 weeks ago and I'm being attested at my unit next week.

I found the attestation papers online and noticed a question on the form 'Have you ever been rejected by HM Forces.....? If YES then state reasons why.' Now I have about 16 years ago by the RAF but actually can't remember the reason why! I've tried to contact RAF but their RC has no info and no one is available in the AFCOs.

Question is has anyone been rejected by another force and had to declare it at attestation? Of course I'm going to but does it cause issues? Unsure as to why it wasn't asked at the beginning of the application if it was going to cause a major issue.

Last edited:

Ukesh

Crow
I'm not sure pal as that was part of my question, my CSM isn't available until Monday so i'll wait until then and try asking about availability for other roles to see if I can switch job choice to join sooner
Thank you for your reply. And also, would you please let me know if there is any role available at Royal Engineer if possible? Will really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

Latest Threads