Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment centre sticky 2021 - all related chat in here

somme2195

Swinger
If I can get 11.6 on the bleep test at AC, will I get recommended for Paras? Although I'm just looking at line infantry I know I only need 8.7. Ive been practicing bleep test and I'm regularly getting above level 12.
Cheers

If I can get 11.6 on the bleep test at AC, will I get recommended for Paras? Although I'm just looking at line infantry I know I only need 8.7. Ive been practicing bleep test and I'm regularly getting above level 12.
Cheers
I doubt they would recommend you for another role. They will just confirm that you're well qualified fitness wise for your first choice role. I'm sure they will be impressed though. I was going for a role that required 8.7 and got 11.6 and it was just a pat on the back type thing.

Prospect1

Swinger
Buzzing had multiple appeals but finally got my assessment centre date 9th March ! Can’t wait just smashing out the phys now as my BMI is on the high side !

Ciolfs

Crow
Had my ac on Monday, I'd been rejected last year as P8 medically unfit "heart valve condition" which I appealed as I should be graded P2.

Had my final consult with doctors on the day and agreed that I'm P2 and said it was good I appealed as it's a tiny thing that most people have and is no concern.

Medical took 4 hours in total so couldn't do bleep test, got that booked next wednesday. got an 89 on cog and 36 on tst (needed 58 and 30 I think?) and only need a 6.6 on bleep test and comfortably getting over 7 but gonna push for 8 on the day

Prospect1

Swinger
Had my ac on Monday, I'd been rejected last year as P8 medically unfit "heart valve condition" which I appealed as I should be graded P2.

Had my final consult with doctors on the day and agreed that I'm P2 and said it was good I appealed as it's a tiny thing that most people have and is no concern.

Medical took 4 hours in total so couldn't do bleep test, got that booked next wednesday. got an 89 on cog and 36 on tst (needed 58 and 30 I think?) and only need a 6.6 on bleep test and comfortably getting over 7 but gonna push for 8 on the day
I’m worried about my medical tbh
I got p8 because of childhood epilepsy, when I quoted the jsp to them my appeal was upheld. They then asked for further medical evidence due to me snapping my leg back in 2016 I sent off all the consultants notes the doctors would give me and again I was allowed to continue. Booked in for March 9th but worried the doctor on the day may have something to say !
one hurdle after another but I’m sure it will be worth it in the end.

Boris444

Swinger
Hello Lads
Any body been for AC already and can tell us something detail about the 143kg dead weight lifting ? (Role...Infantry Soldier)

Ciolfs

Crow
I’m worried about my medical tbh
I got p8 because of childhood epilepsy, when I quoted the jsp to them my appeal was upheld. They then asked for further medical evidence due to me snapping my leg back in 2016 I sent off all the consultants notes the doctors would give me and again I was allowed to continue. Booked in for March 9th but worried the doctor on the day may have something to say !
one hurdle after another but I’m sure it will be worth it in the end.
Obviously can't speak in your case as it's very different to mine and I don't know whether I was just lucky that my thing isn't serious in the slightest and was just made out to be by whoever rejected me the first time round.

Basically as soon as I got rejected the first time round I got in the mindset of it being all over and no chance of getting through so I wouldnt I wouldn't end up being broken up about it on the day

Best of luck to you though hope it all goes well and you smash everything out the park

Dyl424

Swinger
Right so I’ve got my AC on the 25th and I’m going for infantry, if I don’t score high enough on the beep test will they tell me to choose something else or give me another shot at the AC for a later date?

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Right so I’ve got my AC on the 25th and I’m going for infantry, if I don’t score high enough on the beep test will they tell me to choose something else or give me another shot at the AC for a later date?
if You don't get the score on the bleep test you can redo it at a later date or Choose a role that is base on the score You get on your bleep test.

Dyl424

Swinger
if You don't get the score on the bleep test you can redo it at a later date or Choose a role that is base on the score You get on your bleep test.
Cheers, infantry is the only role that appeals to me and I can see myself doing, when I applied I was a lifter and had no experience running whatsoever so I’ve gone from struggling to run 2k at an 8 minute K pace to a 28:30 5K since November so just stressing it a bit

Just passed assessment centre last week, looking at a date for prac course maybe end of March, just wondering has anyone got any upto date information on the tests there doing now? In the last 8-10 weeks or so

thanks

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Cheers, infantry is the only role that appeals to me and I can see myself doing, when I applied I was a lifter and had no experience running whatsoever so I’ve gone from struggling to run 2k at an 8 minute K pace to a 28:30 5K since November so just stressing it a bit
You Get more than one Chance at beep test.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Attended assessment centre today. A brief overview for those who are interested.

-on base for 6:45 and taken into briefing. They explained how to address staff and the format of the day, COVID measures etc.
-confirmed everyone's Maths and English GCSE's to see what tests people needed to take
-moved into computer room for ACT
-after ACT people completed relevant tests depending on roles and qualifications. I had to complete the Technical Selection test as I'm going for a technical role. Essentially GCSE maths(if not lower), mutliple choice and marked out of 55, a score of 30 opens all roles to you
-moved into waiting room and provided lunch bags, plenty of stuff in them for the whole day, I chose to stay away from heavy stuff till after physical
-taken to do BMI, sight/hearing tests and ECG
-taken to other room to do more in depth medical discussion, movement tests and blood pressure etc.
-after more time in waiting room we did physical tests, med ball and mid-thigh pull (both easy) and then MSFT outside in the car park
-after that we were allowed to shower and when ready were taken for a small end interview to discuss you scores and job choices and you get a certificate to say you passed the assessment centre

Any more questions let me know. They were very well organised due to COVID and we were well taken care of, still treated like civvies and everything was very pleasant.
did you wear suit for the interview ?.

Hi all, I have my AC next week and was wondering if you can go for a job role different to your first choice when you go through your results at the end of the assessment?

Latest Threads