Recruit application and assessment centre sticky 2021 - all related chat in here

Dyl424

Clanker
100m/200m/400m sprints and hill sprints. Also endurance so longer runs, don't kill yourself because you don't need to, I'd say one long distance run per week, 2/3 times a week cardio based
See I’ve been doing a bleep test and then intervals on the treadmill, I’m reaching about 7.5 but I need 8.7 for infantry which I was hitting before. I’ll just have to see how it goes on the day I’ll keep going til I’m sick if I have too

See I’ve been doing a bleep test and then intervals on the treadmill, I’m reaching about 7.5 but I need 8.7 for infantry which I was hitting before. I’ll just have to see how it goes on the day I’ll keep going til I’m sick if I have too
Get out on the roads bud, you won't be doing the test on a running machine, you'll notice your cardio going right up

Right so I had my AC originally booked on the 19th but a lovely little virus called covid decided to come along and terror me for 2 weeks, anyways my AC is now for 25th of feb, I’ve started training again but my beep test results have dropped big time. Can anyone suggest any methods to help me get back to 100% ASAP? (I do have full use of a gym so gym based methods could be done)
Cheers in advance!
What results are you now getting? As a person who's training was predominantly to lose weight not get fit, I can tell you if you really push yourself you can get a high score. Anyone of average fitness can get a pretty high score. Obviously para score is a bit harder but if you want to go paras and think you aren't up to it, rebook your AC and train for it. Otherwise, just keep doing sprints, practising the beep test and you should be fine. Give yourself a few days rest before AC too.

Dyl424

Clanker
What results are you now getting? As a person who's training was predominantly to lose weight not get fit, I can tell you if you really push yourself you can get a high score. Anyone of average fitness can get a pretty high score. Obviously para score is a bit harder but if you want to go paras and think you aren't up to it, rebook your AC and train for it. Otherwise, just keep doing sprints, practising the beep test and you should be fine. Give yourself a few days rest before AC too.
I’ve just managed to get 8.1, my assessment is on the 25th but I’ve requested not to start itc til June time which they’ve said is all good. I’m just really gutted because I don’t want to flop this assessment whatsoever. I’m not used to cardio in the slightest my trainings always been some what powerlifting

somme2195

Swinger
Right so I had my AC originally booked on the 19th but a lovely little virus called covid decided to come along and terror me for 2 weeks, anyways my AC is now for 25th of feb, I’ve started training again but my beep test results have dropped big time. Can anyone suggest any methods to help me get back to 100% ASAP? (I do have full use of a gym so gym based methods could be done)
Cheers in advance!
I have been doing x2 5km runs Monday and Wednesday. Then a bleep test on the Thursday for 3 weeks mate.
Week 1 - 10.4
Week 2 - 10.9
Week 3 - 12.4
This method is working for me mate.

Hi all,

ma out to submit my application for the army reserve. I wanted to query two elements.

1. I have some outstanding dental work - currently under way - will this impact my medical?
2. What was your length from application tk assessment date?

Thanks!

Hi all,

ma out to submit my application for the army reserve. I wanted to query two elements.

1. I have some outstanding dental work - currently under way - will this impact my medical?

Thanks!
Hiya,

Probably best asking AFCO about the medical stuff.
For me I applied for the regulars in late December 2020, my AC date is on the 11th of March.

Hi all,

Thanks!
I started application at the end of November and had assessment centre today. 2 months roughly. I think that's quite quick.

Attended assessment centre today. A brief overview for those who are interested.

-on base for 6:45 and taken into briefing. They explained how to address staff and the format of the day, COVID measures etc.
-confirmed everyone's Maths and English GCSE's to see what tests people needed to take
-moved into computer room for ACT
-after ACT people completed relevant tests depending on roles and qualifications. I had to complete the Technical Selection test as I'm going for a technical role. Essentially GCSE maths(if not lower), mutliple choice and marked out of 55, a score of 30 opens all roles to you
-moved into waiting room and provided lunch bags, plenty of stuff in them for the whole day, I chose to stay away from heavy stuff till after physical
-taken to do BMI, sight/hearing tests and ECG
-taken to other room to do more in depth medical discussion, movement tests and blood pressure etc.
-after more time in waiting room we did physical tests, med ball and mid-thigh pull (both easy) and then MSFT outside in the car park
-after that we were allowed to shower and when ready were taken for a small end interview to discuss you scores and job choices and you get a certificate to say you passed the assessment centre

Any more questions let me know. They were very well organised due to COVID and we were well taken care of, still treated like civvies and everything was very pleasant.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Attended assessment centre today. A brief overview for those who are interested.

-on base for 6:45 and taken into briefing. They explained how to address staff and the format of the day, COVID measures etc.
-confirmed everyone's Maths and English GCSE's to see what tests people needed to take
-moved into computer room for ACT
-after ACT people completed relevant tests depending on roles and qualifications. I had to complete the Technical Selection test as I'm going for a technical role. Essentially GCSE maths(if not lower), mutliple choice and marked out of 55, a score of 30 opens all roles to you
-moved into waiting room and provided lunch bags, plenty of stuff in them for the whole day, I chose to stay away from heavy stuff till after physical
-taken to do BMI, sight/hearing tests and ECG
-taken to other room to do more in depth medical discussion, movement tests and blood pressure etc.
-after more time in waiting room we did physical tests, med ball and mid-thigh pull (both easy) and then MSFT outside in the car park
-after that we were allowed to shower and when ready were taken for a small end interview to discuss you scores and job choices and you get a certificate to say you passed the assessment centre

Any more questions let me know. They were very well organised due to COVID and we were well taken care of, still treated like civvies and everything was very pleasant.
did you went to Litchfield ?.

did you went to Litchfield ?.
No a centre in NI. I appreciate others experience may differ for that reason. I dare say it's probably a far easier process at the moment for people joining, would've been a very different experience having to stay overnight with other recruits and bring a suit etc.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
No a centre in NI. I appreciate others experience may differ for that reason. I dare say it's probably a far easier process at the moment for people joining, would've been a very different experience having to stay overnight with other recruits and bring a suit etc.
Great Bro I think it is the same all over .I Got my assessment In March at Litchfield .

Jimmyfmj

Swinger
Quick question, one for @Fang_Farrier i’m guessing, i have just been to the dentist and have a tooth that needs removing (decay under a filling) will this affect my assessment, ie can you get knocked back at assessment for missing/decayed teeth?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Quick question, one for @Fang_Farrier i’m guessing, i have just been to the dentist and have a tooth that needs removing (decay under a filling) will this affect my assessment, ie can you get knocked back at assessment for missing/decayed teeth?

If you have evidence that you are getting treatment such as an appointment card you should be covered