Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment centre sticky 2021 - all related chat in here

So I’ve already done the cog test, tst, fitness, medical, everything really and passed it all.. so will I need to go at all do you know?
If you've done all the medical and test and had the end of day interview and they've said you passed, then I'd imagine you'll have joining instructions in the near future dude

CRennie

Swinger
If you've done all the medical and test and had the end of day interview and they've said you passed, then I'd imagine you'll have joining instructions in the near future dude
In July last year I did the AC and past then I withdrew my application when waiting for a date because I had second thoughts, I’ve reapplied now and was wondering if I have to go through the whole process again since it was recently I done the AC and stuff. No complaints if I do because was my own fault for withdrawing but was just wondering

In July last year I did the AC and past then I withdrew my application when waiting for a date because I had second thoughts, I’ve reapplied now and was wondering if I have to go through the whole process again since it was recently I done the AC and stuff. No complaints if I do because was my own fault for withdrawing but was just wondering
I really couldn't say on that mate sorry, best of ringing the local AFCO and asking them

amnesia

Old-Salt
Your AC results stand for 12 months.

If your medical records were received by the Army under 12 months ago (15 atm due to covid), you should just be able to get a start date.

Boris444

Swinger
Hey Lads

I got a message in my portal on the 20th....was sent a pre-assessment form to fill and send back before the 25th of January...They're seeing into putting me up for AC in March...

my question now...On the form there's a section Captioned ËDUCATION""
Literacy & Numaracy
ACT
TST

What am i required of here ? like what am i suppose to feel there ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-22 at 1.50.36 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-22 at 1.50.36 AM.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 55

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Hey Lads

I got a message in my portal on the 20th....was sent a pre-assessment form to fill and send back before the 25th of January...They're seeing into putting me up for AC in March...

Literacy & Numaracy
ACT
TST

have you gotten an Assessment date yet ?

amnesia

Old-Salt
Hey Lads

Literacy & Numaracy
ACT
TST

Interesting...its not an official form. Probably knocked up by your ACC prior to you going to AC.

I would imagine that they require yes/no answers. eg. Do you require Literacy & Numeracy tests (yes if you dont have C or above in your Maths & English GCSE.

ACT - yes - everyone has to do it (do not sure why they would ask for that.

TST - only if you want a trade role.

Like I say, it isn't an official form, so I wouldnt worry about making mistakes on it.

Got my assessment centre visit on 12/3, seems ages away! Any tips on the bleep test? Can run 2km in 7:30 but not sure of how that will translate to the bleep test

Got my assessment centre visit on 12/3, seems ages away! Any tips on the bleep test? Can run 2km in 7:30 but not sure of how that will translate to the bleep test
You will be fine. Don't need tips, you're fit enough as it is and will push yourself when you're there anyway. That would translate to level 12-13 I reckon. Good luck anyway!

Best off getting a tape and trying it out mate, I'm heavy and hit 10.4 at assessment centre, before even training for it I got a lvl 9 and only stopped because the dog was going mad at a squirrel in the park hahaha

Dyl424

Swinger
Right so I had my AC originally booked on the 19th but a lovely little virus called covid decided to come along and terror me for 2 weeks, anyways my AC is now for 25th of feb, I’ve started training again but my beep test results have dropped big time. Can anyone suggest any methods to help me get back to 100% ASAP? (I do have full use of a gym so gym based methods could be done)
Cheers in advance!

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Right so I had my AC originally booked on the 19th but a lovely little virus called covid decided to come along and terror me for 2 weeks, anyways my AC is now for 25th of feb, I’ve started training again but my beep test results have dropped big time. Can anyone suggest any methods to help me get back to 100% ASAP? (I do have full use of a gym so gym based methods could be done)
Cheers in advance!
How long it took for you to be rebooked . try Going on 2km Runs that should Keep you Fit.

Latest Threads