Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment centre sticky 2021 - all related chat in here

Pitcher3n2

Swinger

Attachments

• 16110775629655750600905979179951.jpg
    16110775629655750600905979179951.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • 16110775903148312448021071914458.jpg
    16110775903148312448021071914458.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
  • 16110776046403219243334495804352.jpg
    16110776046403219243334495804352.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 131

CRennie

Swinger
Hi, was at the AC in July 2020 - passed everything I needed to and was waiting for a date to start training but wimped out before getting a date. I’ve reapplied today, and was wondering if I will need to fully do the AC again since it hasn’t even been a year since I was last there? No complaints if so, would just be good if anyone has any ideas. Cheers.

Have the AC next week. Have gotten plenty of information here but still curious about a couple of things.

For those that had to do a spirograph, does it require much exertion? I'm in decent shape I would say, none of the tests worry me to be honest but if the spirograph test is before physical it seems like something else to tire you out.

Also given that the AC is one day now, is it just the team exercises and interview that have been left out? So it will consist of Physical Tests, Cognitive Tests and the Medical as the Army website suggests? It doesn't say anything in the pre-event info about bringing smart clothes, I assume this means there are no sit-down discussions afterwards?
Passed mines in November. Yes team activities are left out. You have a short 10 minute interview and the end which you do not need a suit for. Just go in sports clothes and take a spare set to change into after your shower. The only ball ache is the waiting at the medical, the rest of the day runs smooth as anything. Good luck.

According to the Pirbright Facebook page they will be continuing, I would assume its the same across the board as in theory they have a "Covid Safe" model set up.
They're were closed during the first lockdown and ran at reduced and makeshift assesment centres in the 2nd lockdown. Currently they're back open fully. Condensed down to 1 day though instead of 2

Hi, was at the AC in July 2020 - passed everything I needed to and was waiting for a date to start training but wimped out before getting a date. I’ve reapplied today, and was wondering if I will need to fully do the AC again since it hasn’t even been a year since I was last there? No complaints if so, would just be good if anyone has any ideas. Cheers.
I don't know for sure your best option is to ask your candidate support manager you are assigned when you apply, however I'm not 100% certain but I think it's 6 months then you have to do it all again

CRennie

Swinger
Cheers mate will shoot a message to the CSM, haven’t heard from them since applying a couple days ago anyway. I done my AC on the 28th July so if it is 6 months I’d still JUST be in with enough time hopefully! Thanks again
I don't know for sure your best option is to ask your candidate support manager you are assigned when you apply, however I'm not 100% certain but I think it's 6 months then you have to do it all again

Good luck, I hope I'm wrong for your sake, be a ball ache having to do it all again when you've passed. The reason I feel it may be 6 months is I was at AC in October and unfortunately failed on some bs medical reason. I've since got a doctor's note and hoping to get back there soon. I was told I won't have to do the whole medical again if I get back within 6 months as I had passed every other check bar the heart scan. Could be different as you were never medically deferred though, you may have longer, I know rejoinders have atleast 12 months

CRennie

Swinger
For Glencorse, when I was there last year we got there at 6pm and then stayed until around 4pm the next day, anyone know if it’s still like this or if it’s changed?

For Glencorse, when I was there last year we got there at 6pm and then stayed until around 4pm the next day, anyone know if it’s still like this or if it’s changed?
Lichfield have stopped all overnight stays, but army will refund your hotel cost if you have to travel, I'm positive it's the same theought but can only really say for Lichfield

CRennie

Swinger
Ah thanks guys, hopefully that’s another reason that they won’t make me go again since I’ve been within last 6 months and passed due to covid and all that hassle. Maybe I’ll have to go but just have to do some stuff (surely won’t have do the the tst & cog tests again because I’ve not got thicker over the past few months lol)

Ah thanks guys, hopefully that’s another reason that they won’t make me go again since I’ve been within last 6 months and passed due to covid and all that hassle. Maybe I’ll have to go but just have to do some stuff (surely won’t have do the the tst & cog tests again because I’ve not got thicker over the past few months lol)
Pretty sure you won't have to do cog test again that's a given

So I’ve already done the cog test, tst, fitness, medical, everything really and passed it all.. so will I need to go at all do you know?
If you've done all the medical and test and had the end of day interview and they've said you passed, then I'd imagine you'll have joining instructions in the near future dude

CRennie

Swinger
If you've done all the medical and test and had the end of day interview and they've said you passed, then I'd imagine you'll have joining instructions in the near future dude
In July last year I did the AC and past then I withdrew my application when waiting for a date because I had second thoughts, I’ve reapplied now and was wondering if I have to go through the whole process again since it was recently I done the AC and stuff. No complaints if I do because was my own fault for withdrawing but was just wondering

Latest Threads