Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruit application and assessment centre sticky 2021 - all related chat in here

Hi all. Was looking for my Basic Training start date in Feb but my bank statement is taking ages. I use two banks, the other does not even send paper bank statements. Has anyone had a downloaded bank statement accepted? I use Starling Bank.

Oss!!

Crow
Hi all. Was looking for my Basic Training start date in Feb but my bank statement is taking ages. I use two banks, the other does not even send paper bank statements. Has anyone had a downloaded bank statement accepted? I use Starling Bank.
Why do you need Bank statement?

Have the AC next week. Have gotten plenty of information here but still curious about a couple of things.

For those that had to do a spirograph, does it require much exertion? I'm in decent shape I would say, none of the tests worry me to be honest but if the spirograph test is before physical it seems like something else to tire you out.

Also given that the AC is one day now, is it just the team exercises and interview that have been left out? So it will consist of Physical Tests, Cognitive Tests and the Medical as the Army website suggests? It doesn't say anything in the pre-event info about bringing smart clothes, I assume this means there are no sit-down discussions afterwards?

Pitcher3n2

Swinger
Have the AC next week. Have gotten plenty of information here but still curious about a couple of things.

For those that had to do a spirograph, does it require much exertion? I'm in decent shape I would say, none of the tests worry me to be honest but if the spirograph test is before physical it seems like something else to tire you out.

Also given that the AC is one day now, is it just the team exercises and interview that have been left out? So it will consist of Physical Tests, Cognitive Tests and the Medical as the Army website suggests? It doesn't say anything in the pre-event info about bringing smart clothes, I assume this means there are no sit-down discussions afterwards?
Hi, there is still an interview at the end but it is only ten minutes long. There was about 25 people on my day and only one person came in smart clothes, he then didn't change back into them for the interview at the end. Everyone else came in sports clothes, after the brief it is pretty much non stop (apart from waiting for the medical. But you can have some lunch then) so don't have time to change really.

The spiro, I have no idea as I didn't have to do one sorry.

Hi, there is still an interview at the end but it is only ten minutes long. There was about 25 people on my day and only one person came in smart clothes, he then didn't change back into them for the interview at the end. Everyone else came in sports clothes, after the brief it is pretty much non stop (apart from waiting for the medical. But you can have some lunch then) so don't have time to change really.

The spiro, I have no idea as I didn't have to do one sorry.
Thanks for the info, very helpful. You say 25 of you were there, do you know how many passed roughly? I have heard of surprising numbers of people that fail the medical.

I'll post an update once I've had mine. I'm sure it will be fine.

Crow22

Clanker

As above, still have the sit down chat. The new covid safe way of doing the spiro doesn't involve exercise at all, its basically a peak flow test, you just blow into a tube as long and hard as you can, and they see how strong your lungs are.

Pitcher3n2

Swinger
Thanks for the info, very helpful. You say 25 of you were there, do you know how many passed roughly? I have heard of surprising numbers of people that fail the medical.

I'll post an update once I've had mine. I'm sure it will be fine.
I have no idea tbh, I know a few people failed the medical but percentage wise i don't know. The 6 people I did the bleep test all passed for what they wanted to do too.

I wouldn't worry about it at all though. There's nothing that happens that should throw you off aslong as your prepared for each thing.

As above, still have the sit down chat. The new covid safe way of doing the spiro doesn't involve exercise at all, its basically a peak flow test, you just blow into a tube as long and hard as you can, and they see how strong your lungs are.
That's good, I'm sure it won't be an issue at any rate. Thanks for the info!

I have no idea tbh, I know a few people failed the medical but percentage wise i don't know. The 6 people I did the bleep test all passed for what they wanted to do too.

I wouldn't worry about it at all though. There's nothing that happens that should throw you off aslong as your prepared for each thing.
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that, I've heard crazy stories of more than half the intake being medically failed. I'm prepared for it all at this point and am likely just fixating given that there is little else happening in my life given COVID-19.

I'll give a report of my time after the AC.

Pitcher3n2

Swinger
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that, I've heard crazy stories of more than half the intake being medically failed. I'm prepared for it all at this point and am likely just fixating given that there is little else happening in my life given COVID-19.

I'll give a report of my time after the AC.
Medical is what, everyone is worried about but I'm sure you will be fine and good luck pal

I have my start date confirmed, received my conditional job offer yesterday. Is anything left to be done? I handed my notice in so don't want anything delaying this, but I assume if I've got my training date they have everything else they need?

Pitcher3n2

Swinger
I have my start date confirmed, received my conditional job offer yesterday. Is anything left to be done? I handed my notice in so don't want anything delaying this, but I assume if I've got my training date they have everything else they need?
Have you sent off for dbs and got your final offer etc yet? They're the next steps after you have accepted your conditional offer. We'll was for me anyway.

Have you sent off for dbs and got your final offer etc yet? They're the next steps after you have accepted your conditional offer. We'll was for me anyway.
No but I have a confirmed start date so I assume this will be done before then. They must prioritise people who start soon. This may be sorted in the next couple of days then.

Pitcher3n2

Swinger
No but I have a confirmed start date so I assume this will be done before then. They must prioritise people who start soon. This may be sorted in the next couple of days then.
When's your start date?
Got sent the dbs to send off about 1 1/2/ 2 weeks ago and got my kit list and final offer yesterday.
Mines 21st Feb so wasn't expecting my final offer and kit lists for a few weeks as people only been getting them two weeks before.

Latest Threads