Recruit application and assessment centre sticky 2021 - all related chat in here

Got my assessment centre end of July and wondering, on the 2K run, are you allowed to wear a watch like a Garmin or not? I may have to do some training runs without if it not so I am prepared on the day and not relying on it telling me how far to go.

Hi lads - have searched through the threads so am hoping this is the most relevant one to post here.
I am wanting to apply for Royal Engineers hopefully but am currently quite a bit overweight from a combination of shit diet and sitting on my ass for far too long over Covid. My question is should I apply now whilst I’m currently losing weight/getting fit (I’m still 4 stone over what I need to be) which I’m hoping will be around 6-9 months or should I wait until I have lost more weight before I apply?

cheers

Got my assessment centre end of July and wondering, on the 2K run, are you allowed to wear a watch like a Garmin or not? I may have to do some training runs without if it not so I am prepared on the day and not relying on it telling me how far to go.
I have my assessment end of July and I’m doing MSFT rather than 2k so worth checking what your doing. Probably worth learning to pace without or obviously run at your best effort! Good luck!

PrinceLDN

Clanker
Hi lads - have searched through the threads so am hoping this is the most relevant one to post here.
I am wanting to apply for Royal Engineers hopefully but am currently quite a bit overweight from a combination of shit diet and sitting on my ass for far too long over Covid. My question is should I apply now whilst I’m currently losing weight/getting fit (I’m still 4 stone over what I need to be) which I’m hoping will be around 6-9 months or should I wait until I have lost more weight before I apply?

cheers
Apply now it will take few months at least to get assessment date and if your not ready you can push it back I lost 4 stone in 4 months and I passed like 3 weeks ago good luck mate

Galahad_

Clanker
After having pushed through my medical nightmare I finally have my phys test booked, anyone headed for Pirbright on the 5th of Aug?

I made a version of the practice cognitive test the other day. It gives you a time per question, lots of different ones as opposed to just the same ten every time and it includes the reasoning categories question types which aren't on the practise test, but which are in the guidance booklet.

justajolt.pythonanywhere.com/act_simulator/

I made it for myself really, but some guy on reddit said they liked it too, so here you go. Go nuts!

If anyone's in the Assessment center on the 25th/26th August, I'll see you there!

Galahad_

Clanker
Nice, doubt we will cross paths on the 5th, it’s a PM / overnight schedule on the 5th for me with the main tests on the 6th - Good luck with last bits
Has yours been cancelled? apparently someone with COVID came in contact with the training staff so they all have to isolate. Next date is in 2 weeks for me

Latest Threads