Recruit application and assessment centre sticky 2021 - all related chat in here

AliE

Swinger
Hiya mate, deffo get that beep test done, I also did 10 lots of 10 shuttle runs a few times and that helped a lot.
In regards to the glasses situation I literally failed mine the other day but thankfully the head medical officer decided to go based off my actual hospital eye test instead of the results from the army eye test. Obviously I can’t say it’ll be the same for you though mate
What was the eye test like mate, was it just like the one you get at the opticians? How many lines do u need to read to pass it and also do u mind if I ask ur eyesight prescription if u know it

AliE

Swinger
What was the eye test like mate, was it just like the one you get at the opticians? How many lines do u need to read to pass it and also do u mind if I ask ur eyesight prescription if u know it
I’m going for 1rifles too hopefully see u there

Dyl424

Clanker
Just walk in and look at the letters, done in 90 seconds. My right eye is 6/6 and left is 6/24

Dyl424

Clanker
Also I believe it’s second line down you have to read with your left eye to pass

Hi all, had my assessment earlier and passed it at Lichfield.
I know that a lot of people worry about certain things but I’m over the BMI, found out in slightly colourblind and have a heart murmur. Either way still managed to get an A grade for infantry and just waiting on my date now.
If anyone’s got any questions feel free to ask!
Hi mate, could you tell me about the colour perception test you had? Was it just reading numbers off the dotted plates? How many did you do?

Dyl424

Clanker
Hi mate, could you tell me about the colour perception test you had? Was it just reading numbers off the dotted plates? How many did you do?
Yeah mate I got about 3 numbers off the dots, loads of us had to do the second test which was basically we sit in a dark room for half hour to let our eyes adjust and then we look at green red and white lights and not a single one of us could tell the difference between the green and white. But we’d already received our green card for medical so it doesn’t prevent you from joining only limits the job roles I believe

Yeah mate I got about 3 numbers off the dots, loads of us had to do the second test which was basically we sit in a dark room for half hour to let our eyes adjust and then we look at green red and white lights and not a single one of us could tell the difference between the green and white. But we’d already received our green card for medical so it doesn’t prevent you from joining only limits the job roles I believe
You only got three numbers off the dots?!?!?!! Christ, I don't know what i'm worrying about in that case. Thanks

AliE

Swinger
Only thing I’m worried about really is if I fail the eye vision test, I meet the standards to join infantry but I have quite bad eyesight

Yeah mate, what role you going for?
Trying to get in as an Officer in Int Corps. I know I'll have much bigger things to worry about than passing colour-vision in a medical, but I'd rather not be shut out straight away at the first convenience.

Dyl424

Clanker
Trying to get in as an Officer in Int Corps. I know I'll have much bigger things to worry about than passing colour-vision in a medical, but I'd rather not be shut out straight away at the first convenience.
Out of all people that got red carded mate a lot of them were for things you’d never think of, just don’t stress about it and go in confident. No point stressing over things that are out of your control

So my hubby went to Lichfield back in Jan. he passed the MSFT but got deferred for vision & hearing. Had them redone and and been told 4-6 week wait on turn around. He still has yet to do TST (he wants to join sigs) and be ready for next intake but not looking lightly he’ll have everything sorted by then!

AliE

Swinger
So my hubby went to Lichfield back in Jan. he passed the MSFT but got deferred for vision & hearing. Had them redone and and been told 4-6 week wait on turn around. He still has yet to do TST (he wants to join sigs) and be ready for next intake but not looking lightly he’ll have everything sorted by then!
Can u ask him what his eye prescription is, I’m 6/30 in both eyes and 6/6 with glasses worried about my AC coming up on the 22nd

Can u ask him what his eye prescription is, I’m 6/30 in both eyes and 6/6 with glasses worried about my AC coming up on the 22nd
Yeah sure. I can’t remember. When he had them redone they hadn’t changed from his last prescription (he had them tested prior to applying and retested in Feb- they were within standard on both) he does have long standing eye condition (coloboma on optic nerve) but it hasn’t affected his ongoing application. I’ll pop a reply in here once I know!

Last edited:

Latest Threads