Recruit application and assessment centre sticky 2021 - all related chat in here

ScootScoot

Swinger
Yep a warm up would be ideal, but the current situation and time restrictions are probably not helping.

Honestly don't worry about that at all, just keep plugging away at the things you can control and you'll do absolutely fine.

Good luck, keep us posted about how you get on :)

Cheers fella, fingers crossed old man did 22 years so added pressure lol

Hi there,
I applied back in 2019 for the army but failed my medical triage, I can go through the appeals process but I’m interested in the navy now.
Does anyone know if I will need to appeal my army medial before I apply?
Will the Navy know that I failed my army medical if I don’t tell them?

thanks in advance

Dyl424

Clanker
Hi all, had my assessment earlier and passed it at Lichfield.
I know that a lot of people worry about certain things but I’m over the BMI, found out in slightly colourblind and have a heart murmur. Either way still managed to get an A grade for infantry and just waiting on my date now.
If anyone’s got any questions feel free to ask!

ScootScoot

Swinger
Hi all, had my assessment earlier and passed it at Lichfield.
I know that a lot of people worry about certain things but I’m over the BMI, found out in slightly colourblind and have a heart murmur. Either way still managed to get an A grade for infantry and just waiting on my date now.
If anyone’s got any questions feel free to ask!
Just did mine at Lichfield too today - was you running next to me for Mercian regiment? Both stopped at 9/9.1 cause it was 21 degrees

ScootScoot

Swinger
I blew out at 8.7 dead on, the heat killed me off and i doubt it I was one of the bigger lads there. I’m going for rifles
Ah sound mate - did they give you a pass? I’m all passed just waiting for a start date but there is a wait (hope it’s not too long or related to the cuts they announced)

AliE

Swinger
Hey guys, I have my AC coming up on the 22nd and glencourse, I’ve been running 2km every day or every 2nd day now for the past 2 months in preparation.. just wondering how hard the beep test is as I’ve not practiced it,

also I need glasses and wear contact lenses, what will happen if I fail the eye test at the assessment centre but my eyesight prescription is within the army standards? ( might seem like a dumb question but this has been on my mind)

cheers

Hey guys, I have my AC coming up on the 22nd and glencourse, I’ve been running 2km every day or every 2nd day now for the past 2 months in preparation.. just wondering how hard the beep test is as I’ve not practiced it,

also I need glasses and wear contact lenses, what will happen if I fail the eye test at the assessment centre but my eyesight prescription is within the army standards? ( might seem like a dumb question but this has been on my mind)

cheers
You should aim to practice the bleep test 3/4 times before you go. It’s important to pace yourself correctly in the earlier rounds so you don’t waste energy.

Mark out a 20m distance with a couple objects and put headphones in with the bleep test audio on it (you’ll find it on Spotify or YouTube). You should be aiming to hit the line bang on time with the bleep.

ScootScoot

Swinger
You should aim to practice the bleep test 3/4 times before you go. It’s important to pace yourself correctly in the earlier rounds so you don’t waste energy.

Mark out a 20m distance with a couple objects and put headphones in with the bleep test audio on it (you’ll find it on Spotify or YouTube). You should be aiming to hit the line bang on time with the bleep.
I can’t stress enough how Important practice of the beep test is. My 2k run time was always fine however first few times I practiced I didn’t get 8.7, (think I got 7.2,7.5 then 8.1) you need to learn the turning aspect aswell as timing.
I bought a cheap 5m tape measure and marked it 4 x.
As the post above states YouTube, Spotify or an app call BT lite from App Store has audio.
I practiced for 3 weeks and did it probably 8-9 times in total and stopped at 9.1 on the day (due to it being 21 degrees and v sweaty)
Do these things and you’ll be fine. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail or whatever that corny phrase is ha!

Dyl424

Clanker
Ah sound mate - did they give you a pass? I’m all passed just waiting for a start date but there is a wait (hope it’s not too long or related to the cuts they announced)
Yeah mate got an A grade apparently, had to go and see another person about dates but he said due to the cuts I’ll be waiting a bit longer, find out in the next two weeks but been guaranteed to start before end of june

ScootScoot

Swinger
Yeah I passed everything got the A grade then was told there was no dates. Since had a call with CSM to be told I’m in live loading and have sent off my security watchdog thing?
kinda disappointing after the months of waiting and doing everything our side to then be told there isn’t even a date.... ah well Gyms open again in a week - longer to prep

Dyl424

Clanker

cheers
Hiya mate, deffo get that beep test done, I also did 10 lots of 10 shuttle runs a few times and that helped a lot.
In regards to the glasses situation I literally failed mine the other day but thankfully the head medical officer decided to go based off my actual hospital eye test instead of the results from the army eye test. Obviously I can’t say it’ll be the same for you though mate

Dyl424

Clanker
Yeah I passed everything got the A grade then was told there was no dates. Since had a call with CSM to be told I’m in live loading and have sent off my security watchdog thing?
kinda disappointing after the months of waiting and doing everything our side to then be told there isn’t even a date.... ah well Gyms open again in a week - longer to prep
I got told I’ve been put on the hopper or something like that, basically when a date comes up they’ll send it me straight away. The Major that interviewed me took me to see the lad about my dates and that’s when he said all this

ScootScoot

Swinger
I got told I’ve been put on the hopper or something like that, basically when a date comes up they’ll send it me straight away. The Major that interviewed me took me to see the lad about my dates and that’s when he said all this
Ah yeah that’s the same as me, went to see the guy and he just said I don’t wanna bullshit you and say we have dates when we don’t etc etc... Hopper where If there is any cancellations you’ll get loaded onto it? Cause that’s what he has told me I think tbh. Although not massively hopeful for anything this side of June - again not overly fussed, more time to train pre basic

Dyl424

Clanker
Ah yeah that’s the same as me, went to see the guy and he just said I don’t wanna bullshit you and say we have dates when we don’t etc etc... Hopper where If there is any cancellations you’ll get loaded onto it? Cause that’s what he has told me I think tbh. Although not massively hopeful for anything this side of June - again not overly fussed, more time to train pre basic
Yeah exactly that mate, what reg you going for? I got told by my careers office on the way back home there’s an intake end of May but chances of me getting that are slim but I should be loaded onto the end of June intake

ScootScoot

Swinger
Going for 2 Mercian mate, yourself!?
Yeah exactly that mate, what reg you going for? I got told by my careers office on the way back home there’s an intake end of May but chances of me getting that are slim but I should be loaded onto the end of June intake

AliE

Swinger
I can’t stress enough how Important practice of the beep test is. My 2k run time was always fine however first few times I practiced I didn’t get 8.7, (think I got 7.2,7.5 then 8.1) you need to learn the turning aspect aswell as timing.
I bought a cheap 5m tape measure and marked it 4 x.
As the post above states YouTube, Spotify or an app call BT lite from App Store has audio.
I practiced for 3 weeks and did it probably 8-9 times in total and stopped at 9.1 on the day (due to it being 21 degrees and v sweaty)
Do these things and you’ll be fine. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail or whatever that corny phrase is ha!
Cheers will go buy a tape measure today and give this a try

Latest Threads