recovery times?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by pio12345, Aug 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I did Tough Guy Nettle Warrior last weekend. After taking a few days off I've found a 30 minute run on Friday a lot tougher than usual and weights today have been an absolute disaster. Other than this though I feel completely fine daily, all the cuts and bruises are healing nicely and the stifness and soreness is completely. I took 5 days off before Tough Guy so basically that means one exercise session in about 10 days and no weights for about 2 weeks. So I'm not sure if this is my body just being sluggish or whether I havent fully recovered.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to take it from here?

2. I would say you probably haven't fully recovered.
    Eat more and have a few days of just monging out and see how you feel.

On a side topic, how was it?
    I'm thinking of doing the warriors run in January as I didn't think I'd be prepared enough for the one in July.

3. Do the one in January. Expensive, cold, but worth doing once!

4. How much is it then?

I need to get it booked soon for sure.

I'm off to do the warriors run in Ireland at the end of this month (more of an excuse for a active holiday then anything), so that will test how poor my ability to run 9 country miles is.

5. It was a lot of fun. I wasn't as fast as I hoped but starting near the back meant you got caught in a few bottlenecks at various points of the course. Apparently the winter one is a bit more miserable (although slightly compensated by only having to do it once). Only about 3/4 finish winter becuase of hypothermia.

6. Sounds like a winning combination to me!

:twisted:

7. I too competed in Nettle Warrior. It has taken untill now to fully recover though I have been both running and weight training. I wll be running tonight maybe 5 - 6 miles plus training two body parts.

If I can offer any advice it would be listen to your body. Train but train lightly. I also find good nutrition works wonders particulary Whey powder.