recovery times?

I did Tough Guy Nettle Warrior last weekend. After taking a few days off I've found a 30 minute run on Friday a lot tougher than usual and weights today have been an absolute disaster. Other than this though I feel completely fine daily, all the cuts and bruises are healing nicely and the stifness and soreness is completely. I took 5 days off before Tough Guy so basically that means one exercise session in about 10 days and no weights for about 2 weeks. So I'm not sure if this is my body just being sluggish or whether I havent fully recovered.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to take it from here?

I would say you probably haven't fully recovered.
Eat more and have a few days of just monging out and see how you feel.

On a side topic, how was it?
I'm thinking of doing the warriors run in January as I didn't think I'd be prepared enough for the one in July.

How much is it then?

I need to get it booked soon for sure.

I'm off to do the warriors run in Ireland at the end of this month (more of an excuse for a active holiday then anything), so that will test how poor my ability to run 9 country miles is.

It was a lot of fun. I wasn't as fast as I hoped but starting near the back meant you got caught in a few bottlenecks at various points of the course. Apparently the winter one is a bit more miserable (although slightly compensated by only having to do it once). Only about 3/4 finish winter becuase of hypothermia.

pio12345 said:
It was a lot of fun. I wasn't as fast as I hoped but starting near the back meant you got caught in a few bottlenecks at various points of the course. Apparently the winter one is a bit more miserable (although slightly compensated by only having to do it once). Only about 3/4 finish winter becuase of hypothermia.
Sounds like a winning combination to me!

:twisted:

I too competed in Nettle Warrior. It has taken untill now to fully recover though I have been both running and weight training. I wll be running tonight maybe 5 - 6 miles plus training two body parts.

If I can offer any advice it would be listen to your body. Train but train lightly. I also find good nutrition works wonders particulary Whey powder.