Recovery mechanics

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by WINCH-IN, Feb 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Just surfing for advice as i have signed off and looking for work, im interested in taking the steps towards NDT but wouldnt mind working in the lifting inspection world anyone doing this or done it.

all advice is welcome

kingy

2. yer been told about it but no experience in it. should i just send them my CV and see if anything comes back??

3. As an ex Recy Mech to a serving one regarding work on the rigs.

There is heaps of info (on this site) regarding work on the rigs, and I know of a couple of lads that are working on one now. However they had to go through a whole raft of (pretty expensive) courses regarding H&S and whatnot, before they could even sniff at employment.

I reckon if you fired off a highly impressive CV (and it never hurts to try) I reckon you would get a BFO pill, if they even bothered to reply.

Sorry, can't help you with anything else, I'd had enough of anything to do with recovery when I came out and changed direction completely and haven't free-spooled since.

Use the search thingy top right, type in 'oil rig' and wade through it. Good luck mate.