Recovering from Serious Accident

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by 570mils, Jan 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Late in 2004 I was involved in a near fatal traffic accident and did a fair bit of damage to myself.

Thankfully I have recovered with only a few small scars to show for the accident but have turned into a true lard arrse, and civvy to boot.

I'm after a bit of help as far as any sensible training programme is concerned and dietary tips too.

I'm desperately lacking in stamina these days and have virtually no strength left in my right shoulder but now have full movement back.

A gentle start would be appreciated but something prograssive to get me back to my proper fighting weight and that means the loss of approx 20 kilos.

Please help!!!!

2. Thanks for that, reasonable start.

But at nearly 38 and an ex Reg I don't think I'll fall for the patois of the TA recruitment team..........

3. Fair play, sounds like you are qual'd enough to use their programme and fob them off. Good luck with your quest for fitness.

4. im in exactly the same boat mate, cut ankle nerves and muscle cut from thigh. been biffed for 16 months and put the poundage on. i started running again a few months ago and felt great but a after a few weeks my body totally collapsed on me. the moral of this story is take it very slow at the start , especially on the runnig side and dont give up!! tis a nightmare when ya mrs likes sharing her chocolate as well the unhelpful bint