recovering broken femur

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tochy01, Oct 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im recovering from a double break to the femur after smashing it on the steeplechase practice P compay event. Im wanting to stay in and am looking for some ideas to help rebuild the muscles in the leg. Basically I can't run because the bone has'nt healed properly so i cant do impact. If i dont get strong enough i will be discharged and so far i have worked my but of trying to get fit n strong but need som ideas to help me on the way. Answers please.

2. i dont have a phyiso as i am so far away from the barracks and my gp is a waste of time. I was told i was deffo getting md'd but im making a super fast recovery but dont know if i will have recovered enough. I want so much to stay in and will do anything to give me the best chance.

3. Get a private physio, or speak to the PTI's back at P-Coy. They'll be able to suggest something for you, probably bikes and rowing, that kind of thing. Good luck with your recovery!

4. Femur crushed and hip broken by a horse rearing over backwards. 2 years operations, nearly lost leg. This was 16 years ago. I didnt do any exercises an am still suffering GET TO A PHISIO I am suffering the result of being TOO CLEVER

5. I had a hairline fracture in my right femur, and a farked hip joint when I was younger. It took a few months traction, about 6 months in a cast, then lots of physio afterwards to get my leg to move again afterwards.

Phys?? I bought a remote control car :)