Recorded Delivery - Post Office Records

Yokel

LE
Not so long ago I posted a letter by Recorded Delivery via the local Post Office. The trouble is that I seem to have lost the receipt.

Does anyone know if there will be a computer record of recorded items said to a certain address?

@Yokel,

Whilst there will be a record on their IT, it looks as if your only option is to ask the intended recipient whether the letter has arrived.

What can I do if I’ve lost my reference number?
If you’re the recipient:
  • Contact the sender and ask them to give you the number
  • If you ordered an item online, check your order confirmation or invoice. It might contain your reference number.
If you’re the sender:
  • Try contacting the recipient. They’ll be able to tell you if they’ve received the item.
We’re sorry, but if you sent your item at a Post Office® and you’ve lost the receipt or the tear-off section from the label, we won’t be able to tell you the reference number.

Please note: we can’t use any other information like a name or address to track items. Unfortunately, without a reference number, you won’t be able to track your item.

I posted an item by recorded delivery one morning at 0800 in Perthshire, and it was delivered at around 1600 the same day in Surrey. Is that a record?

Latest Threads