Record Numbers of British Soldiers AWOL

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Queensman, Apr 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I half heard through the din and chaos that accompanies breakfast time with children, a news report that there is a record number of troops Absent at the moment.

Anyone out there in ARRSE land with better hearing than me, or access to a secret file?

(PS; Before you ask: No, I'm not a reptile........)
  2. come on everyone, there's loads more room to hide in my attic...
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

See the 'Big Rise in Desrtion' thread from yesterday !
  4. That's not what David Icke told me...
  5. Thank you.

Not spotted. Silly me - serves me right for being out of the office all day yesterday!
  6. Queensman,

I have it from a very well placed source that there are 580 - 590 soldiers AWOL on any given day for the last three months. This is a rise of over 200 on what use to be the average of about 250 - 300 at any one time. It started to go up guess when? 2 years ago. Some Inf Bn (mostlt Scottish for some reason) have over 10 blokes AWOL.
  7. A few points if I may - you're new here and don't know any better.

1. The post above alerts you that this thread is effectively closed - this issue is being discussed elsewhere and it makes no sense to have 2 threads running on 2 subject. No probs - everyone does it.

Do you mean ARRSE? Or a mate down the pub? Or a excerpt from PMQ? We'll come back to this 'fact'...

Errrmmm....200 + 250 = 450. So it's a rise of over 300, actually. Assuming your 'fact' is true and not some crap from the Scum or Moron, of course.

But you stated previously that the figures rose in the past 3 months...if these statistics are true for the preceding 2 years, then the number of AWOL (just over 3000 a year) would be massively higher (at 580 - 590 a month - apparently).

Please come back on this - but please use the right thread....'s here!

PS Click the word 'here'.
  8. Thick Taff,
    Welcome to ARRSE! Does that mean you're a RED ARRSE?
    Sorry to get you such a gleaming reprimand from Calypso - he's very grown up, you know!

MOD - please lock this thread. Calypso's link is jolly useful