Record Numbers of British Soldiers AWOL

I half heard through the din and chaos that accompanies breakfast time with children, a news report that there is a record number of troops Absent at the moment.

Anyone out there in ARRSE land with better hearing than me, or access to a secret file?

(PS; Before you ask: No, I'm not a reptile........)

come on everyone, there's loads more room to hide in my attic...

OldSnowy said:
See the 'Big Rise in Desrtion' thread from yesterday !
Thank you.

Not spotted. Silly me - serves me right for being out of the office all day yesterday!

Queensman,

I have it from a very well placed source that there are 580 - 590 soldiers AWOL on any given day for the last three months. This is a rise of over 200 on what use to be the average of about 250 - 300 at any one time. It started to go up guess when? 2 years ago. Some Inf Bn (mostlt Scottish for some reason) have over 10 blokes AWOL.

thicktaff said:
Queensman,

. . . Some Inf Bn (mostlt Scottish for some reason) have over 10 blokes AWOL.
A few points if I may - you're new here and don't know any better.

1. The post above alerts you that this thread is effectively closed - this issue is being discussed elsewhere and it makes no sense to have 2 threads running on 2 subject. No probs - everyone does it.

I have it from a very well placed source that there are 580 - 590 soldiers AWOL on any given day for the last three months
Do you mean ARRSE? Or a mate down the pub? Or a excerpt from PMQ? We'll come back to this 'fact'...

This is a rise of over 200 on what use to be the average of about 250 - 300 at any one time
Errrmmm....200 + 250 = 450. So it's a rise of over 300, actually. Assuming your 'fact' is true and not some crap from the Scum or Moron, of course.

It started to go up guess when? 2 years ago
But you stated previously that the figures rose in the past 3 months...if these statistics are true for the preceding 2 years, then the number of AWOL (just over 3000 a year) would be massively higher (at 580 - 590 a month - apparently).

Please come back on this - but please use the right thread....

...it's here!

Thanks.

PS Click the word 'here'.

Thick Taff,
Welcome to ARRSE! Does that mean you're a RED ARRSE?
Sorry to get you such a gleaming reprimand from Calypso - he's very grown up, you know!

MOD - please lock this thread. Calypso's link is jolly useful