Record number of young Danes found unfit to serve..

I'm shocked that it's so high, and especially that so many are found unfit due to psychiatric issues. What's the situation like in the UK? Is it as bad as here?
No, and yes. While I'd opine that our Scandi brothers in arms are more sensitive to 'psychiatric issues' (can you be a Para without them?), the slack, idle and generally physically unfit in the UK probably exceed 48% if all were tested as per the Danske universal testing system.

Seeing as we are currently losing 7 out of every 10 potential recruits due to medical issues I'd say we have a pretty major problem here in the UK. Doctors, instead of telling young people to man up, are far too ready/under pressure to give a prescription which will often come round and bite the individual in the arse in later life. Being diagnosed with depression as a teenager when in reality they were just upset because they'd been dumped is a bar to service. Childhood asthma is another big one, even if they've had no symptoms for years it's an instant deferral. BMI is another issue altogether but most of those that I see who seriously want to join the forces are young, fit and motivated. However, the slightest blip on their medical history and they are either outright rejected or deferred for anything up to three years. With it taking anything up to a year from application to starting training most get bored and find something else to do.

Seeing as we are currently losing 7 out of every 10 potential recruits due to medical issues I'd say we have a pretty major problem here in the UK. Doctors, instead of telling young people to man up, are far too ready/under pressure to give a prescription which will often come round and bite the individual in the arse in later life. Being diagnosed with depression as a teenager when in reality they were just upset because they'd been dumped is a bar to service. Childhood asthma is another big one, even if they've had no symptoms for years it's an instant deferral. BMI is another issue altogether but most of those that I see who seriously want to join the forces are young, fit and motivated. However, the slightest blip on their medical history and they are either outright rejected or deferred for anything up to three years. With it taking anything up to a year from application to starting training most get bored and find something else to do.

So, kids are encouraged to talk about mental health, medical science is way better than it was 50 years ago and yet the Reserve (I guess regs are the same?) knock kids back for one asthma attack at age 6.
Is this symptomatic of a “snowflake generation” or an Army that prov

Considering the role of the Armed Forces is to take calculated risks, it is indeed peculiar that we are largely risk averse with regard medical issues.

Again, it doesn't take a genius to work out why those not wishing to join the Armed Forces will declare a medical issue which bars entry - particularly those living in countries using conscription to save advertising costs or improving terms & conditions ...or indeed those living in UK claiming unemployment benefits who wish to demonstrate they are "actively seeking employment".