Record for the fastest locked thread?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bigeye, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was idly musing upon this question after I noticed that Forastero had locked the 'Soldier erects flagpole/ Muslims will be upset' (possibly) thread.

A shut-down after 24 posts is pretty punchy and must be pretty close to a record for a legitimate thread (albeit one that was in danger of going down a dodgy path for a current affairs forum).

In lieu of something useful to do before the rugby starts I'll inspect the hole.

2. I reckon the record will go to this one in 3...2....1

3. exackerly!

4. 4.6m is 15'1".

5. I would seriously consider Loctite for a fast locked thread.

Seriously, professionals use it, and to be honest it's never let me down whenever I have had to apply it.

Read the instructions though. It's not for keyboard applications, regardless of how fast you want a thread locked. It's main purpose is as a liquid engineering tool.

LoctiteKeyvisualthreadlocking_605_169853_72dpi_605W.jpg

If you are unsure, or averse to liquid, then I can recommend any of the physical locking nuts shown below, any of which will lock a thread for you in seconds. Fill your boots.

locknut.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I usually use the orange stuff, five hundred and something. It's more of a seal than anything else.

7. New fangled technology will always fail,

Castle nuts are where it's at.

mufp_0612_03z+factory_five_roadster+lower_ball_joint_castle_nut.jpg

8. Perhaps after last weekend's sport some of the Moderating team are getting proactive?

9. Not The Kylie Show by any chance?

10. Again.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Your Nuts:-D

12. For some reason I read that as, "I could have banged one out about the time I worked with her". Perhaps I just took that for granted?

13. Would 'Muslim ercts flagpole/Soldiers will be upset' get the same treatment. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.